Sunday, December 6, 2009

Random November


We had many fun activities happen in the month of November!  I love that my family members keep me alive, happening, and out of trouble.

For Veteran's Day Carter marched with the 5th graders in a parade and then performed some songs.  They sounded angelic.  He got lucky sitting next to his buddies, Bradley and Tait.

A few days later Curtis took advantage of the warm weather to put up our red, white, and green Christmas lights.  I love to see the end result, so thanks Curt!

Cute little Evey wanted to be by her daddy's side every step of the way!

For some "Faith in God" goals, the boys put on a play about an event in the Book of Mormon.  Can you guess which one it is?  They were so cute to involve the girls!

One of the cute neighbor girls, Macie Larsen brought over a few of her kittens.  Evey loved and adored them!



One of my most very favorite activites to participate in this month was the viewing of New Moon on opening day.  It was so much fun to go with couples in our ward.  Thanks Josie for organizing it all.  I LOVED it ofcourse and Curtis even won me a t shirt during the pre show.  SO so great!

Curtis was a good sport to go.  I was in shock when he even agreed to go and then for him to pose for a funny picture.  What a guy!



Kathryn and Josie (cute middle girls) created these fun shirts.  They say, "My heart belongs to (husbands name) but my neck belongs to Edward.  Lynds and I had fun getting in on the action :) (thanks Jos for these pictures.  I hope you don't mind :)

And finally, the Jubilee of Trees.  Emery's dance studio were able to perform their class numbers.  She looked so cute up on stage dancing to "I can't wait for Christmas".

I was excited to learn that one of the trees was themed "New Moon".  Ofcourse I had to take a picture!

Donations were being requested to help pay for the use of this Life Flight Helicopter that the kids got to check out!

7 comments:

Woodwards said...

Fun pictures! I love the "neck belongs to Edward" tshirts. Hilarious! What a fun family home evening your boys planned. Yay! And Evey is so cute with that kitty. What is it about kids and animals, eh? Love you sissy!

Josie said...

Fun post Mel! I am so glad that our New Moon night was a favorite activity of the month! (It better be!) It was so fun! I love that Curtis got one of the shirts and I love the pics of you two. Funny! Can't wait for Eclipse! Kathryn is already brainstorming a new t-shirt idea for us! :)

And cute pics of the kids too! Love Evey with the kittens. And your lights look great!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Ok is Evey so darling holding that kitten?? She is getting so big! What a cutie. I just noticed your girls have on matching shoes in your main photo. SO DARLING!!! Just remember to tell your kids that it was me that secretly wanted to snatch cookies for them! That was so funny....

Lyndsi said...

Cute, cute pictures, Mel!! Loved seeing all of November's happenings. Of course our New Moon night was great fun, and go Curt on winning you another great shirt! Also, what a gorgeous little dancer Emery is! Can't wait to see what December brings for the Happenin' Hancocks! :)

Hasslers said...

Oh ya - New Moon!! Gotta love a littel vampire romance - hee hee! So fun that you guys did that - halarious that Curtis posed for that picture! Emmy looks so cute for her dance number, how neat that she got to do that. Evey is adoreable with the little kitty cat - don't children just love animals?! Isn't it crazy how fast our children grow up? You are an awesome mom, Mel!

Jenny said...

Hey what about Jacob - doesn't anybodies neck belong to him? Don't you think Jake is way better looking in New Moon than gross Edward. What were they thinking casting Robert Patterson.

What cute pictures of your family and the girls night out. And Emey in her costume. She is so cute!!

Kellie Larsen said...

Oh yes Macie and her cats...we still have one if you need a Christmas present ;)