Today is a day definitely worth celebrating!! It is this sweet, amazing, wonderful, talented, kind, thoughtful, strong, positive, beautiful woman's birthday!
And of course she wouldn't blog about herself, so I hope she'll forgive me for posting on her blog and inviting her family and friends to leave a comment and let her know how special she is to you!
I am her lucky friend Lyndsi, who feels SO blessed to have Melanie as a most special, dear, one of a kind friend. I love you Mel and I hope you feel the same joy and happiness on your birthday as you bring to me and my family every day. Everyone who knows you agrees that you are a choice daughter of our Heavenly Father. You have so many divine qualities that bless the lives of your family members and all those who know and love you. Thank you for sharing your love, example, and priceless friendship with me. Have the best day ever!!!
Tom Lake by Ann Patchett
2 years ago

21 comments:
Mel! I am so thankful we have become good friends, and I love having you as a neighbor! I love your beautiful smile and contagious laughter! I love spending time with you and especially laughing along with you. "Bellar is alive!" Still laughing....Hope your day is fantastic! Love ya!
I must agree with Lyndsi. I've never met a more talented, sweet, joyful person to be around. You're sweetness is contagious and you make people feel good when they are around you. You make them feel like they are special and that you truly do care about them. I'm envious of how organized and how perfect your children always look. Can you give me some pointers? You make it look SO easy.
I'm grateful that I'm getting to know you better. You make me laugh and I truly enjoy spending time with you. I hope you have a wonderful day today. I'm sure your sweet hubby and all your closest loved ones will take care of that dept! Love ya!
Ditto to all! Melanie--I am so glad to have you as my friend. You inspire me every day! I love hearing your contagious laugh and I love how encouraging and supportive you are to everyone around you! What a blessing you are to me and to my family! Taylor just loves the Hancocks too and it's no wonder with such an amazing woman at the helm. Hope your day is amazing! You deserve every bit of it!
Melanie-
I have to agree with everything everyone has said, you ARE beautiful and talented and sweet and organized and always cheerful and creative and such an inspiration to me. I've been your secret admirer since the first time I've met you. I've always been so impressed with what a great mother you are to your sweet children and how you are forever happy and smiling everyday. You're always so on top of everything and organized and so talented at the piano...I hope I can be just like you when I grow up...maybe by the time I'm 50! :) Love you! HOpe you have a fabulous day!
oh yeah...your laugh IS totally contagious! :)
Hey Birthday girl! I agree with all that's been said. I've always looked up to you. You're so on top of the game, always seem to "have it all together." You're raising such an amazing family. They're lucky to have you as their mom. Thanks for always being so kind! You are so beautiful outside and it. Sure love ya! Hope you've had a great birthday!
Whooops. You know what I meant "simple typo - blame it on no sleep?"
Beautiful outside and IN! ;)
This is shellie: i hope you had a great day! you're the best and you deserve it! and i love the pictures, they're awesome
this is erin: happy birthday auntie mel! hope you guys had fun at dinner tonight and you got spoiled!! i'm excited to be able to play with you more when we're down!
Wow everyone! I am truly lucky and blessed to have you all. Thanks for the sweet and dear comments. I love each one of you. Lyndsi, you just spoil me to no end. What an amazing and best friend you are to me. Thanks for all that you are and all that you give to me. I love you so so much. I am full of feelings and emotion right now but I just can't find words big enough. Thank you again Lyndsi. You are the wonderful one!
Melanie, I know I am a day late, but I couldn't let this opportunity pass to express my gratitude for you as a great friend and example in my life. You are wonderful in every way. You are determined and confident and exude goodness- what more could anyone want?! I feel so blessed to have our little piano trade, my kids adore you and I adore yours, it's fun to see your characteristics shine through them. They are amazing! and only have bits and pieces of you, that's how fabulous you are. Sure love you and hope your day was happy!
By the way, that picture of you is angelic! So gorgeous!
And imagine, I've been able to have Melanie in my life for ALL her life! I love that - you do bring a lot of joy to whatever crowd you are in. Aptly named Melanie JOY. You have a way of finding the happy things in life and focusing on those - and helping others around you see the joy of life. AND you make people feel special. THANKS! Thanks Lindsay for the place to post my thoughts about my wonderful sister.
What everyone said is so true - you simply shine with happiness! I love being around you, hearing your laugh, seeing your smile, and feeling of your positive energy and goodness. I am so blessed to have you for a sister! You have always been my cheerleader and supporter, I can totally be myself around you! You are a woman filled with faith. You know with confidence that prayers are answered, and you are doing such a beautiful job teaching your children these precious gospel principles. You make your home a warm, and loving place, where people want to be! You love my children, and my husband, and make us all laugh. This world would not be the same without Melanie Joy - and how lukcy am I that I get to be your sister! I sure love you, Smell! Hee hee, love Stink
Oh ya, that picture of you is so beautiful, you look like an angel - just love it!!!
You are an amazing woman! Hope you had a great day!!!
You really are such a wonderful person. I will always remember how friendly you were to me. It meant a lot. I think you are one of the most genuine people I know. You are such a good example of what a mom should be. You are amazing and you do it ALL! Happy belated Birthday!
I know I'm way late but I hope you had a wonderful day! You deserve it! You amaze me!
Hope you had a great day Melanie. Thanks for always sharing your beautiful smile! You are always so happy and kind. I am lucky to know you!
Lynds - what a great post about my wonderful sister. Mel you are so beautiful - look at that picture of you. You are one of my most favourite people. You are such a joy and I love every minute I am around you. You have such a amazing talent of making others around you laugh, smile and feeling better. I feel so blessed that you - Melanie - are MY sister. What a lucky person I am. I wish so much that we could still be living close to each other. Those of one of my most fondest memories of us hanging out when we were first married. I sure love you.
I know I am way late at posting this. I have been away from my blog for too long! I love you so much Melanie! You are such a great friend to me. You always have a smile for those who come in contact with you. I love to talk to you about our kids and I especially love that our kids are such great friends. You are like family to me, you can ask me for anything, I hope you know. You are so beautiful, smart, joyful, talented, giving, caring, a super mother, and a super friend. I am so blessed to have met you. I don't have many close friends here in Saint George, and I am so glad I can call you my "close" friend :) You are such a wonderful blessing to my children through being the best piano teacher in the world too :D
P.S. I LOVE your new blog, and I am so flattered that you used the pictures.:)
love love LOVE this picture of you. You're absolutely gorgeous! (I've always thought so) You are a most wonderful sister and I'm so glad that we are close friends and wish we could be closer in distance. I always feel a supporter and listening ear in you, and understanding and sympathy. You always cheer me on and cheer me up and boost my confidence. You can lighten any situation with your wonderfully contagious laugh and some of my favorite memories are ones where I can picture you laughing. I love that I can always be myself around you, and that you make me feel good for being me. You care about my children and my life and things that are important to me. You are simply the best and I love and miss you lots and lots!
Love you Mel!
And Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment