Monday, December 14, 2009

My Thanksgiving Land

I've decided that my life is a thanksgiving land! There are things and people that I'm thankful for everywhere I turn and in everything I do.  I have to also recognize the Lord in my life.  I love that I have the knowledge that he is watching over me and that he loves me. I am one blessed momma! 

So here are just some of the random things on my list from my Thanksgiving land!  I am thankful for the Hasslers!  We were so excited to have them come spend the Holiday with us this year!  They are an amazing family who we look up to in every way.  They just couldn't get any better!  We especially valued them coming as they nearly didn't make it.  Some of their children had been sick and I was sick just thinking about them not being here.  So I got the kids praying on their behalf and voila, they arrived Thanksgiving afternoon just in time for the feast!  We had our yummy feast over at Shellie and Allen's along with their children and grandchildren.  With 12 children there and some delicious trimmings it sure made it exciting.  Thanks Shellie for having us all.  We love you!  I am definitely thankful for Curtis' family!


Black Friday!  What a blast!  Cynthia and Mike had never been, so ofcourse we had to fix that!  The evening before when the children were all nustled in bed, we gave them a crash course in viewing the flyers, compling a list, and then executing a plan of action.  The girls went to Target and the guys went to Walmart.  All in all we got some pretty good deals.  Mike was thrilled about his hard drive that was totally gone at Target but then was price matched at Walmart.  Don't you just love that!  He was completely satisfied!  We then enjoyed a yummy McDonald's breakfast.  That's something I haven't done in years!  YUM!





Here we are sporting our "Miche" purses!  Girl accesories are just the best.  The possibilites are endless! Cynthia, Chelsea, and Curtis got me an early Birthday present.  Thanks guys. 

Jumping Jacks was a hot place that the cousins enjoyed.  Poor Abby got a little sick and couldn't come with us though.  Her dad was a dear to stay back and hang out with her.  Ready..set...

JUMP!

I love having darling little girls to play matchy matchy with..ie. girls that LET me dress them the same.  It's so wonderful!

And ofcourse the wonderful world of hairstyles.  The possibilites here are also endless.  It's great to be a girl isn't it?!  Cynthia was incredible to pull this off on Sunday morning.  She created every single crown braid that you are now viewing.  Isn't she amazing.  Boy did I sure get the day off!  Thanks Stink!  You are the crown braid pro!  Simply gorgeous!


I love each of these girls below!  I have to mention Jenna and Abby!  When they first arrived they came bearing gifts the second they walked in my door.  And it was gifts for me!  What sweethearts.  Abby handmade me a "Twilight" ring which I just love and Jenna gave me a box of "New Moon" candy sweethearts and a scrumptious creamy "Edward" chocolate.  Mmmm! They each wrote me wonderful notes which I cherished!  Like, seriously, what 11 and 9 years olds spend the time to think about giving their aunt something, then specifically asking their mom to take them shopping, and then spending their own money on it!  It just leaves me speechless.  I love all my nieces and nephews!  Thanks so much you sweet things!

I love my sister!  Thanks for ALWAYS sticking by my side and letting me be myself!

There were many more activities enjoyed by all like, freeze tag at the park, Santa's workshop, Planet 51, Pizza Factory...  Thanks Hasslers for a wonderful Thanksgiving time!

And this is just the start of my thankful list.  There is so much more that I haven't even mentioned. See what I mean?  I really do live in a Thanksgiving land!  I just love it!

9 comments:

Hasslers said...

Mel - I just loved your post - so happy and positive! You have the ability to recognize your blessings and are so grateful for them - love that about you! I enjoyed reading all of your details, you are so good at describing the events. Boy, do I ever look tired on black Friday - while you and Curt look like you could go for round two! I enjoyed doing the girls hair, and BTW, you are the talented one with girls hair, this just happens to be one do I have practiced alot! The girls look so pretty! Thank you for your sweet comments about us and my girls! We absolutley love coming to your house, and for your warmth and welcome! We had so much fun with the Happening Hancocks, thank you so much for a wonderful Thanksgiving, and for all of your prayers!

Lyndsi said...

Mel - you are so cute. I loved reading about your Thanksgiving Land. You are such an example in the way that you recognize and show gratitude for the blessings in your life. What a wonderful time you had with your sweet sister and her family! I was sure missing you on Black Friday, but I'm so glad you had fun. Such great pictures of everyone - love Caden's face in the first one, the kids jumping, Curtis' excited face, and of course you beautiful sisters. I sure am thankful for YOU. :)

Josie said...

Ok, My Favorite thing about this post is Curtis' face checking out the Black Friday adds! Love it! Too funny! What a good sport. Looks like a weekend full of fun!

Oh and the kids are pretty cute too! :)

Angie Stewart Black said...

Sheesh, I'm exhausted for you just reading your post! What a fun weekend you guys had. Don't you LOVE it when family loves you enough to come and see you! How fun! I too, love the picture of Curtis scamming the ads. What a good hubby for going with you. Is there anyway possible he can have a man to man talk to Daron about that????

Tonya said...

Looks like so much fun! Next year I want to go shopping on Black Friday with you and I never want to do that! You guys are great! Loved reading about your Thanksgiving Land!

Kena said...

So glad you had such a great time! Such fun memories!

Jenny said...

Hilarious shopping faces. I love the one of Curtis. That would have been a lot of fun!! Great pictures of the cousins and the girls hair looks awesome!! Great job stink. What a fun time to get together. What a cute sisters you two are!! I'm thankful for the both of you!!

Unknown said...

Wow you guys were so busy! Aren't sisters the best? I love the matchy matchy, and the awesome hair do's! You guys look like you had a lot of fun on Black Friday! I was warm in bed :)

Kellie Larsen said...

Ur new family picture is HILLARIOUS! you always gotta have a shot with one screaming...that is really how life is.