Sunday, December 20, 2009

Let It SNOW!

Once again another piano recital is complete.  Wooo!  That's what I always say when they are finished!  I am trying to think more outside the box this year for piano.  So, for this Christmas recital I told everyone to wear winter clothes, you know, to create the setting!  Everyone did very well.  Carter played "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear", Caden played, "O Come, O Come Emmanuel."  Emery played, "The First Noel" and I played "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow".  I had the audience sing to it so they could cover up my unprepardeness! 

Hey, wait, where is Katie, the teacher!  I think you were gone Katie.  Sorry we missed you.  Thanks for teaching my children.  They do so well because of you and I am so thankful for your abilites and kindness.  We love you!

The boys played "Parade of the Toy Soliers", such a cute song that Katie used to play with her sister.

Emery and I played one of my favorites, "O Little Town of Bethlehem".  I love her concentration technique of sucking in her cheeks, so cute!

It was fun to imagine that we were in a winter wonderland even though I was sweating after :) 

Thanks to all my supporters for being there!  I love you all! 

And, I really needed a group shot of all my students.  Oh well, maybe next time!

6 comments:

Josie said...

I love that you had them all bundle up, what a cute and fun idea! I'll have to tag along next time.

Woodwards said...

Love all the cute hats & scarves! You are so creative!

Kathryn said...

Someday...and I do mean someday, as in when I have enough time to wear shoes with laces again instead of slip ons. Will you teach me piano? You did so great during the christmas program yesterday! You amaze me! I like the bundled up idea too! Very cute!

Lyndsi said...

Mel - you are one in a million. So talented, and so kind and sweet and creative in your efforts to provide a great experience for your students. They all did so well, as did you and your children. Great work!

Hasslers said...

What a fun idea to wear touques and scarves - we will let all the non-Canadians figure that one out! Must say that I love your hat, Mel, you look so pretty! Wish I could have been there in the audience to support you! Your students are lucky to have such a dedicated and talented teacher! Love Emmy's concentration too!

Jenny said...

Such a cute hat Mel!! And what a fun idea of dressing up. I wish I could have been there to see it!