We got to extend Carter's birthday over a few days. Since it was Ella's preschool recital the night of his birthday, we had a family celebration one night early! Here he is with his STILL most favorite dinner of Japanese Sundaes. I think it is the 3rd year in a row that he chose this!
Present time was next!
I love Emery here, anticipating the gifts!
Yes, score! He was then $130.00 richer! He requested from us, a $50.00 bill, and Super Mario Galaxy 2. His siblings gave him a bookmark and the book, The Red Pyramid. Thank you to all of our party guests and far away extended family members who spoiled Carter as well. He got some more books, money, candy, and Mighty Beans. Yipee!
Carter is not a fan of regular cake, so we went all out with this Cookie Dough Icecream cake from Cold Stone Creamery! We would recommend it. Yum! I do wish they decorated it up a little more since I didn't get to make him one this year!
How sad. NO girlfriends!
This is the next morning on his real birthday, with his tinfoil gifts. He is opening up a pack of those great Mighty Beans. (There will be a post soon, in honor of his collection!)
Eating a favorite breakfast of sausage and cheese biscuits!
Even though Carter had to go to school on his birthday, it all worked out with a field trip to go swimming at the community center, and then a delivery of birthday treats by me, for his class. He chose little individual icecream cups with cream soda pop! His classmates were very appreciative and he was glad to have virtually no school work to do on his day! He is posing here with his buddy, Tait.
And since school was only a half day and it was Ella's performance that evening, I took him out for an afternoon snack and shopping trip. He got a delicious strawberry shake, chicken strips, and ofcourse some more of those Mighty Beans, from Walmart!
What a wonderful time we had celebrating our Carter. He is growing up to be such a fine young man!
I just have to mention a few more of his great qualities!
Carter is sensitive to little ones. He is so patient and kind to his little sisters, especially Evey. He'll do ANYTHING for her and drop EVERYTHING as well. He reads, plays, sings, laughs, chases, and loves that little girl! He guesses that he'll have a lot of children when he gets married! I hope so!
Carter is becoming quite respectful to me. When he is asked to do things he does not want to do, he'll usually reply with an, "okay mom". It's been nice to see this growth in him. He won't question me as often, and tries to please me.
As most of you know, Carter is very responsible. He gets the job done! I love it that he stays on task, and makes sure everything is done. At the end of the school year, he got himself into his own morning routine. He would practice the piano, do unfinished homework, ask me what chore had to be done for the day and do it, then got ready for school. What a guy. I didn't even tell him to do this!
Carter is very obedient! About 95% of the time, he does things the FIRST time I ask him to do them. This is very refreshing with a house full of children with other ideas, like maybe doing it on the 20th time! :)
Carter is also reliable. When he says he's going to do something, I can count on that. He is also becoming a great helper in the kitchen and in other areas of the household!
Carter is a great reader. Give him a good book that he is impressed with, and he will eat it up! His teacher says he has come a long way this year with his reading and comprehension!
Carter is also becoming quite accomplished at the piano. He practices well and is even starting to enjoy it! Hee hee!
I love Carter's little obsessions, like his street hockey playing, his Naruto book series reading, his Mighty Bean Collection, having to shut his bedroom closet doors every night, positioning a book just so on his desk, and his always wanting to know what is happening next! What a guy! We love you SO very much Carter Ethan! What will we do when you turn 12? Perhaps your mother will faint!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
7 comments:
Carter is such an amazing young man! 11 years old - wow! I'll faint with you Mel when 12 rolls around. :) I love everything you said about him. He truly does have so many wonderful qualities and is so kind to those around him - especially little ones. What an example you are Carter! Thank you for letting us celebrate with you. We sure love you!
Happy Birthday Carter. What an awesome day for him. You're so wonderful at making those days special Mel. Ice cream floats, shopping trips, swimming, tin foil presents etc etc. Lucky! I also loved reading all the reasons why you love Carter. We also love that he loves little kids. He's awesome with our little ones. Thanks Carter!
Wow, 11! I'm sure I will be fainting too when my kids grow that big! We'll be there for ya Mel, if you need some kind of help when he turns 12! :) What a fun birthday he had, he is one lucky boy! That ice cream cake looks delicious! And, I'm looking forward to this Might Bean post, I totally don't get it.
Is he really that old? You don't seem old enough to have an 11 year old. Sheesh, I must say spoiled. Does he give out loans? Love the story about the air hockey table. Been there done that. So funny! Who would think you need to read measurements on the outside of the box. Yeah, I bought a lego table for Kasens BD and yeah.....it's a little small!!! LOL. Looks like once again, you made a BD fun. Such a good mommy. Can I come live with you?
Happy Birthday! Hey, could you loan me some money? :)Mel, I'm going private so if you would like an invite then leave me your email address. Thanks!
-April
What a great post Mel. I still remember Carter as a baby - what a cute little guy. They grow up so fast. I love the paragraph where you talked about his little obessions - so great. Happy Birthday Carter - we are excited to see you this summer.
Can't beleive that he is 11! It goes so fast, and before you know it, he will be passing the sacrament! I enjoyed reading about all of his birthday fun, and you sure make the day special for your children! What a fab day for an 11 year old boy! I had to laugh when you were describing when he was born, that he had a cone head, good thing that went away! Carter is reliable and so good with little children, I enjoyed reading that about him. What a wonderful tribute, Mel!
Post a Comment