Sunday, June 20, 2010

How much can you fit in, in a weekend?

I think this May 14th weekend was our record of jamming in major events!  I would label it as being our craziest one yet!  It kept us all on our toes! :)  Friday was Carter's wonderful 11th birthday and then that evening it was Ella's preschool graduation program.  Immediately following that, I drove on my own, up to Kaysville to stay the night at the Hasslers in preparation for our Ogden Half Marathon the next morning. Cynthia had signed us up months previous so I had no idea of the other events.  I got to the Hasslers about midnight, slept for 5 hours, got up, ate, ran, showered, ate, and got in the car to drive home to return in time for Emery's dance rectial Saturday evening.  It was crazy, fun, exciting, tiring, rewarding, and exhausting.  I don't know if I can pull that off again!

Our sweet little Ella before the performance, all ready to go with her show stopping smile!
We loved having Ella attend Annette's Little Gems preschool this year.  She is the best teacher to these cute children and introduces them to so many wonderful arts.  This year, they learned to dance, sing, play the violin, and do sports.  She also had them show off their knowledge of letters, numbers, months of the year, etc.  Ella was even luckier to spend her year with her 2 best pals, Luke and Sinjin.  They attended Mon/Wed/Fri and had some great play dates together!  Aren't they so adorable here, dancing away!
It takes some sure concentration to get those notes out! :)
Ella's buddies, Luke and Sinjin.
The wonderful Miss Annette, not to mention our wonderful friend too!:)

I was so grateful that I stayed awake on the drive up since I did it in the dark!  Lyndsi was a dear in providing sunflower seeds for me to munch on - thanks!  I also had some great music to listen to.  I just LOVE being with this Hassler duo.  They are one fantastic couple and they help me so much.  I could barely keep up with Cynthia in the beginning of the race, so I was glad to finish with her.  We all pretty much crossed together and it was fun to hear our names announced as we did so.  I got my personal best time of 1:57, so I was pretty happy.  Also, this Ogden course is so beautiful and the weather was fabulous.  I would recommend it to anyone.  It's the type of scenery that makes you want to shout that it's great to be alive.  Thanks Mike and Cynthia for letting me stay, eat, and run. :) You both are the best and I enjoy every moment with you!
Don't you just love Cynthia's cute dimples!  Um, ya, I love to cheese it up!
5 hours later...adorable Emery, is dancing on the stage to her tap number, "Magic"!
This is her ballet performance, "Fly To Your Heart".  This was my favorite.  She is just so precious and tender.

She also did a jazz dance entitled ,"I Want it All", from High School Musical.  This was her favorite dance.  She wore the same outfit as her tap number.  I was pretty impressed with Emmy.  She knew the steps really well.  She, however doesn't have a great interest in dance and would rather take guitar lessons next year.  We'll see...

This is the awards ceremony following the recital.  She was excited to get her trophy!
I have to thank sweet cousin Lindsey for attending the girls' recitals.  She has always been so supportive and loving in this department.  She was SO wonderful to take the time to do this.  She brought both Emery and Ella flowers.  Isn't that the best?!  We love you lots Lindsey!  I am mad at myself for not getting a picture with you and them!  Obviously, there was a lot going on!
We are so proud of our cute girls and it was so fun to see them share their knowledge with us.  Also, we equally enjoyed celebrating with Carter in honor of him turning 11.  What a wonderful weekend.  I am glad to still be alive!  Thanks Hasslers for keeping me that way! :)

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

Its so fun watching kid perform isn't it. I love how they are so confident when they are young. You have such beautiful girls...inside and out!

Nate and Erin Russell said...

lol thats a crazy weekend! my favorite picture is the last one of emery, she looks like such a little dancer waiting for the next thing to do! they're both so sweet!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Sheesh you are a busy woman!! How do you do it??? Plus you drove AND ran? You must be C R A Z Y!! I admire you so much...I really do. Your little girls are so stinkin cute. I simply can't wait for us to be doing those fun dance recitals. How fun.

Woodwards said...

Congratulations on becoming SUPERWOMAN! Holy smokes girl! Are you amazing or what!

Your girls are such cuties!

And my sistas - what can I say? You are both such cuties!

Love you!

Josie said...

Oh my heck Mel! I didn't know you did all of that driving to do your race! Wow, what a weekend! The girls are cute as ever in their dance costumes! And you, Mel, I just don't know how you do it all! And there you are again looking amazing and beautiful, not like you just ran your guts out! Really, you are amazing! Congrats on a great run!

Crystal said...

I love all the pics of your girls dancing! They are too cute! And really, you look GORGEOUS after your run! Heck, I wish I could look that good on any given day!

Hasslers said...

That was a whirwind weekend for you, Mel! Thank you so much for coming up and running, I love our races together! It is such a beautiful course, and the best to run it with my sister and hubby! Plus, we met our goal - woo hoo! Your girls are so cute, loved seeing their dance pictures. Ella's polka dot costume is so bright and colorful, and Emmy looks beautiful doing her ballet routine. I just love going to dance recitals, wish I could have been there to support my sweet little neices! You are one dedicated mom, Mel! Can't wait to see you guys!

Lyndsi said...

Mel - only YOU can tackle this kind of weekend and get through it with great success. You amaze me every day with all you take on and accomplish with your happy, positive attitude. The girls are little beauties in their dance costumes - wonderful pictures! It was so fun to have our kids enjoy this preschool year together. Thanks for many fun times! And you are so beautiful after your run - truly! I'm so glad you are able to share those rewarding experiences with your sweet sister. Congrats on your awesome time and for being OUTSTANDING at everything you do. Sure love you my friend!

Unknown said...

Melanie, I just love you so much! You are an inspiration to me each day. I LOVED teaching Ella, she is a star student and everyone loves her. (Sinjin and Luke are going to have to duke it out over her when they get older :) Emery is such a lovely dancer, what a cutie! I can't believe what you did that weekend, I would have given up! Your amazing!