Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hey hey, we're on our way!!!

We were SO excited to start our summer trip!  Thanks to our friends who sent us off with some wonderful care packages to keep the children occupied and busy in the car!  We love you guys!  What a way to start our day.  I was on my own in driving my 5 children up to Calgary, so I was appreciative of this thoughtfulness.  Ofcourse we HAD to stop along the way to visit the Hassler family!  We enjoy them so much!  The Carters were busy.  Spencer and Sydney were on their way to Girl's Camp.  We're sorry we missed you guys!  Lori spent Friday evening with Cynthia and I.  We had a yummy frozen yogurt at "Yogo Togo".  It's a cute and hip family business in Kaysville.  We enjoyed a trip to the "Treehouse" in Ogden.  We could spend hours there!  We played a fun hide and go seek game that the Hasslers made up.  This President's room in the Whitehouse was home free!  The kids had a blast.  I think we were all being a little loud since we heard an announcement reminding all visitors to not run and to keep voices down.  Hmmm..were we to blame for that perhaps?

Talk about life sized chess!


The little girls and Abby also put on a play with the fun costumes.  The pictures were all blurry but they were adorable as princesses and little red riding hood!  I love to see their creative imaginations at work!

We then joined the Hasslers for their Friday night tradition of Papa Murphy's pizza, treat at the gas station, and movie rentals.  So so fun!  Thanks Mike and Cynthia, as always!  You guys rock!

1 comment:

Lyndsi said...

What a fun way to kick off your trip!! Love cute Cynthia in the group shot, she's great! The cousins look like they had such fun together. I'm so glad you get to do this each Summer, and I'm so blessed that you are here for the rest of the year! We miss you when you're gone!