Sunday, August 22, 2010

We made it!

What a relief it was to arrive into the arms of Grandma and Grandpa C!  They were so wonderful to come pick us up in Great Falls Montana.  It made the drive a lot more attainable for mom Melanie.  Thank you mom and dad for dedicating your day to us.  Grandpa is still recovering from major surgery so it was quite a sacrifice for him to be driving that long.  We were all glad to arrive in Calgary.  It was about 9 at night.  I am proud of my Hancock kiddos.  They did so well, especially Emery who never tired of helping her baby sister, Evey.  Emery offered to sit by her and help her.  She did an amazing job and earned a few prizes from her mom!  What a wonderful big sis!  Speaking of a wonderful sis, Chelsea was so sweet to come over and greet us that night.  Thanks sista!  Love you and love you mom and dad for helping us out! 

Ahh, it's great to be back in front of this cute bungalo.  Sorry dad that I didn't capture your wonderful Canadian flag.  At least you can see the flag pole behind you, right?  It was good to have a first day in Calgary spent at church.  It's fun to see old friends!


After church the Romerils came over for a visit.  Chloe and Emery had a fun time playing with Grandma's barbies!
Evey and Chelsa in the backyard.  It was tricky to get these 2 to look, let alone stand still! 
Skipping became a favorite activity in the backyard with a bit of competition..more pics to come!
There's always time spent it Grandma's wonderful garden!
Graham also came by with his boys.  It was so awesome to see them too!  Caden is hanging out with Logan and Bentley!
Carter and Josh.  Josh is officially big!  He got so tall and surprised us with a lower voice in just one year!

Carter was disappointed to not have seen Jensen.  He was taking a nap earlier, so we stopped by just before his bed time to say hello.  He was a cutie.  He was a bit shy but then warmed up after a few days!

Ella and Evey had so much fun primping in Grandma's bathroom.  Cousin Sophie gave them her play makeup.  They LOVED it!

What a great start to our wonderful trip!  I wonder what's next...

3 comments:

Angie Stewart Black said...

I've been waiting to see your pictures from your fun filled adventure up to Canada! So far....looks like SO much extreme fun. I don't know how you do it....traveling that far with your little ones. I can't even make it to Cedar without some kind of meltdown in the back seat! LOL. Looks like lots of fun being with family. That treehouse place in Ogden, I'll have to get more details on. Looks like so much fun! I'll have to get with you and get directions.... Good to have you guys back!!

Josie said...

So glad to start hearing about your big trip! You are so amazing to make that drive on your own with the kids!

Lyndsi said...

Everyone looks so happy to be reunited for the summertime fun! I love your Mom and Dad - what a wonderful pair - easy to see where you get it from! :) So glad you enjoyed a safe drive. Such cute pictures of everyone. Love the girls white dresses and you look so bright and beautiful in your yellow! Can't wait to see more of your Canada adventures!