Sunday, May 15, 2011

March on!

We had a great month of March!  As usual, there were lots of things happening!

Emery had to get 2 bottom baby teeth removed in order for those grown adult teeth to move forward.  The tooth fairy rewarded her for that hard work of laying in a dentist's chair and being poked with a needle at least 10x for the freezing.  Poor girl!  She was such a trooper!  Her $8.00 was well deserved!  She has now put that money into a Disneyland fund!  She wants to go again so bad!  What a cutie!
 Evey and Liam have become best buddies and they do everything together, including getting as dirty as possible!  Laura and I just laughed!  It took quite a few washings to get this dirt out of their hair. 
 And ofcourse I can never let a holiday go by without a fancy hairdo.  Happy St.Patrick's Day!  This one is quite pitiful though!  Saggy shamrocks!  Oh well, it was the effort that counted right?!
 Green pizza and green cookies to celebrate!  Should we say yum or yuck???

 As part of the kids' spring break we went to the Virgin River.  They had been begging me to do it all week so I relented on the last day of their vacation.  It was a little chilly but the kids didn't care.  They are the happiest it seems, in water and mud! Good times!


 More good times during spring break with our bake/hair sale!  Caden and I earned quite a bit.  Thanks to all of our friends and neighbors for the support.  Especially on such a windy and cold day!  That's why we had it in the garage!


 Little Miss Evey Brynn finally graduated from a crib to a big girl bed!  This is the longest we have ever had a child in the crib since there was no baby to bump her out.  Wahh..so sad!
 Evey just loves her big girl bed!  She was expecting a bunk bed at first and stared at the toddler bed when her dad set it up.  She said, "mom, my bed is little!"  But she was still happy!  I think these little toddler beds are adorable!  I just had to get one since she is our last!

One night recently, Evey was saying her prayers.  She usually just wants to copy what I say but this time she came up with her own line.  She said, "thank you I am not a baby anymore"!  Aw, it made me happy-sad!  We love our Evey!

3 comments:

Josie said...

Oh sweet Evey! It is sad isn't it? She looks so cute in her cute big girl bed! And we are loving our "made by Mel" hair accessories!

Angie Stewart Black said...

What? A big girl bed? No way. You put her back in that crib and keep her little FOREVER. I love reading your posts. I love that you do cute hairstyles and take pictures so I may be inspired to want to attempt being Melanie Hancock jr. You're so funny and I just adore you.

Chelsea Sheer said...

Wow - great job on the hair accessory sale. When I see these things it so makes me wish I was with you making them too! We'd be a good late night duo.
Evey's bed is adorable. And her little words "I'm not a baby." Sad. She's not. :( They grow way too fast.
And poor Em with her teeth - at least she got $8 bucks!