The day started with a Halloween performance at Ella's preschool. I missed it though....by like, 30 seconds. I was sooo sad. It was a 1 minute performance that consisted of 3 songs. Fellow mothers felt sorry for me so Alicia with the help of Lyndsi gave me a copy of her home video. Thank you so much! Kind of embarassing that I ended up in tears.....I was already missing Emery's little kindergarten parade to be at Ella's performance. Knowing that I had missed both events sent me over the edge. Lyndsi was a lifesaver in listening to my thoughts and made me feel a whole lot better.
Mario and Mr. Stocking (Darth Maul)
After school we ran to Walmart to enter the Halloween costume contest. We never heard anything back from them but received free individual photos of us all. It was fun to see so many dressed up at the store!
I had a family dinner before trick-or-treating where we served "ghost" grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids. Evey thought they were delicious.
Luke also came as a ninja. He and Ella get along so well. Maybe one day they'll get married:)
Don't Grandma and Grandpa look great as Hawaiin tourists! They surprised us all this Halloween. Owen and Evey couldn't keep their eyes off them. The tourists held down the Hancock fort while we all went trick-or-treating. Thanks! They gave out candy to about 50-60 trick-or-treaters.
We went trick-or-treating with the Meyer's. Our kids loved running with Jace and Owen.
Look at that..the Mario Gang trick-or-treating. Luigi's a little behind! It was a whopping 80 degrees outside...the warmest Halloween we remember. No socks or jackets required. It was so nice!
Trick-or-treat!
Evey enjoyed her suckers. Her sisters kept giving them to her... she ended up with a few stuck to her back down her dress and sticky everywhere! We're glad she was happy though!
Jace as Batman. His costume was so cool, he could open or close his wings whenever he wanted.
Owen the firefighter
Lily as a lady bug
Cute Aydia and Elle Melo!
This house was the talk of our Desert Meadows neighborhood! The zombie walking in the graveyard didn't phase the boys but sure scared Ella. She literally clung onto me!
After trick-or-treating we followed the Houskeepers to a few houses in Lyndsi's mom and sister's neighborhood. They have a family friend who dresses up as a witch and answers the door when you trick-or-treat. Luke took off running. Ella again was very scared but then warmed up to her when she found out that she wasn't so scary after all. Too fun! Thanks Darin and Lyndsi. We then stopped by the Jesienouski's to check out their party. Tonya and Scott did a great job. There were different stations to visit like a craft one, scary movie time, refresment time, etc. My kids loved all the pop to choose from. We enjoyed visiting with other families who were there...Belnaps! It's so great to know such wonderful people. Thanks Tonya for the invite. Your house is always a blast! On the way home my children were exhausted. Jace Meyer was with us as well and he sighed out, "auntie Mel, I just want to go to bed, I can't walk another step!" Our girls were so tired that they cried for 15 mintues straight during bedtime routine. Carter and Caden requested to go to bed. I was quite shocked. I thought the boys would be wanting to watch a movie. Hmmm....Halloween as a nightly bedtime routine to get them down so easily? :)
We were so sad to say good-bye to Grandma and Grandpa Hancock a few days later. Six weeks sure flew by. We miss them already and wish they could stay. The kids thoroughly enjoyed their visits together. They are so lucky to have such wonderful grandparents. Thanks mom and dad H. for a wonderful time. We love you!
1 comment:
Sounds like so much fun!! I love the picture of Evey biting her ghost sandwich. Looks like she is enjoying it!! I can't believe how warm it was for you guys that is so great! You guys should have won that award for the best costumes. They are awesome!
Post a Comment