This post is for 2 weekends ago. Me and the boys woke up early Saturday morning to go help clean the church. Annette told me that she and her family were going once again and since we had never done it I knew it was the time. Carter was not too thrilled about the whole plan....but as I had anticipated, he was just fine when we got there. They had fun with the vacuum cleaner. I mostly washed windows and piano keys. This was a great learning experience for them. We'll have to do it again. Service is so important!
Then we headed out to St.George's annual "Turkey Trot", a 1 mile walk/run for the purpose of gathering canned goods for the "Dixie Care and Share". The fee to enter was 3 cans of food per person. I must say that I was very happy to go into our new food storage to gather 21 cans. It was so nice to have a little supply. After the walk they were having a draw...free turkey's, gift cards, etc. Unfortunately we didn't leave with a turkey but we still had a great time. What a neat activity. Thanks Belnaps for introducing us to it. Gobble, gobble!
Look at our great time..we are so fast!
Daddy's little helper...how adorable!

What a guy up on the roof...thanks Curt!
The following Monday we noticed our neighbors behind us had their tree up...we couldn't resist. We seem to do it earlier and earlier. The kids enjoy it...especially Emery! I thought Evey would be all over the tree taking things off..but nope, she won't touch it. It's the texture that bothers her just like the grass. I am very pleased with her distaste of greenery! We are soo excited for Christmas-YAY!
5 comments:
Cute title!! What a fun activity to be apart of!! Looks like Curtis was busy with those lights. We have the same colors as you guys!! Great minds think alike. Evey looks so cute at the bottom of the ladder.
I'm so jealous of your Class Mom activites! I haven't been able to help out as much since I went back to work! It's so much fun to see kids in their natural habitats, don't you think? I also really loved Caden's jack-o-lantern t-shirt for decorating the Christmas tree. Keep the fun posts coming!!!
Fun - turkey trot and Thanksgiving festivities! I am so glad you got to be apart of them by going to their classrooms! Good job Curt for hanging up cool lighs! We can't wait to see them at Christmas! We are sure getting excited around here, so fun! I enjoyed reading about you guys cleaning the church, we are going tonight for FHE, and I agree, service is important!
awww...evey so scared of the greenery. Nice for you! I'm terrified of how Corbin is going to tear everything down this year. That's so awesome you have your tree up already. I've got to get going!
I love the pic of Evey trying to climb up the ladder after Curt - so cute!
What fun!! I love your house by the way. I have always wanted a red, white and green house too. Come see ours, it's as close as it's gonna get. I am the one who alway's puts up the lights at our house. It's fun. The kids come out and "help".
Post a Comment