
Okay...so normally I would put this "kids say the darndest things" entry off to the side of my blog but I really felt like it earned a bigger spot than that...hence brings this post. Ella has the sweetest moments especially when she is singing with her lisp as her tongue sticks out on the "s" sounding words. So I was singing her a bedtime song, "I Like to Look for Rainbows". After when I was singing to Emery I just heard Ella singing it to herself and the line that says, "I know when I am baptized, my wrongs are washed away", was sung like this, " I know when I am baptized, my ARMS are washed away." At first I had to turn my head and have a little chuckle. Then I explained to her the right word to which she looks at me so funny and says, "My WRONGS????' It was so weird to her. Then I could see the wheels start turning and she asks, "how come when the kids go in that pool thing we can't see their wrongs get washed away in the water?" That was defintely a challenge to explain to her. Then she starts looking at her arms and says, "mom, how come I can't see the wrongs on me because I still have some, right?" Oh it was just so precious. I was loving every minute of it. I could just imagine what she was viewing the wrongs to be..perhaps little bugs..I don't know but it was one of those great mom moments for sure!
8 comments:
Ella - I'm pretty sure you don't have any wrongs! You are such a sweet and special little girl, and such a kind friend to Luke. We sure love you and your beautiful little singing voice!
That is so sweet and so funny! Ella is such a pretty little girl and has such a sweet little smile.
Oh that is just too sweet! What a little sweetheart. Of course that would seem confusing to such a sweet little thing!
I love it when kids are so concerned about learning everything they can. Those are my favorite moments as a mom too! I love their questions, don't you wish we could stay like that forever?
That is so sweet! I love trying to figure out how kids think.. What do wrongs look like? :) Love you Ells!
Loved that story, Mel! It's funny how their little minds work - I guess it must have been a releif to Ella that she would not lose her arms during her baptism! I remember wondering what the word shalmenknow was in the song As I Have Loved You - good thing I figured it out! Love you Ella bella!
That is so dang cute!!! Your whole family is cute! You have been so nice to me since we moved in to the ward and I am so grateful for it! Thanks!
-April
That is really cute! I just love Ella
Post a Comment