Sunday, March 8, 2009

History Fair

Carter and Tait entered Southern Utah's history fair a week ago Saturday. Their entry was 3 dimensional so they chose to make a sculpture of George Washington. It was quite the day as it started at 9:30 and we made it there at 9:15 due to the wrong directions. I was sweating there for a while. Then as we entered the gym with the displays we noticed that there were no other 3 dimensional participants, just the typical science fair looking projects. I think the boys were somewhat intimidated. Then when the kind judge came around she commented, "Oh, I didn't know there was a 3 dimensional category." Too funny...there really was because I read the rules. We just had no idea what to expect but the students and judges around us were all very kind. It was a good experience for them...plus an excuse for them to hang out. My favorite part of the George Washington sculpture is his hair. I thought it was pretty well done for their age. Way to go guys!



4 comments:

Josie said...

That is so great! Really, much better than I could do. Way to go boys!

Sheers said...

Nice sculpture boys! Developing some talents there! So, if they were the only 3D entry did they win?
Carter looks like a stud - love his hair.

Hasslers said...

I too am a fan of George's hair, Mel! That's awesome for two ten year olds to take that on - way to go!

Jenny said...

That is awesome!! It's looks great.