Sunday, April 10, 2011

Emery's special baptism

It wasn't too difficult to say goodbye to Christmas since Emmy's baptism was a week later.  What a special girl she is and how wonderful it was to see her sweet spirit shine as she was baptized!

We had a family lunch of lasagna.  The cousins just love eating together!  Emery was showered with gifts.  She received bracelets and necklaces that she absolutely loves!  Thank you everyone!
 Here is that beautiful gown that we loved picking out together.  She specifically wanted something princess like and to the floor.

 This was my favorite part.  She had to have a hairstyle that would stay in after being wet.  I think it turned out cute. 
 I love all of the hair accessories in there too.  Emery looks like a doll!
 She told me her tummy felt nervous.  She was pretty excited to have her dad perform the ordinance.  I was so blessed to be there right as she came out of the water.  She said she felt warm all over and that she wished she could do it over and over again.  I just loved helping her get into her beautiful dress! 
 This is our wonderful family that attenteded.  Thank you to everyone for making the special trip for our Emery.

 Grandma and Grandpa came all the way from Canada!
 The grandkids had so much fun playing table games with grandma.
 This is what we did in Emery's hair the Sunday after.
 Such a goofy girl!

 Emery is our angelic, peacemaker, tender, nurturing daughter.  We love her so much!

Emery is a pure girl and she especially looked so as she went up on Sunday in front of the congregation to show she had become a member of the church.  A lot of members told her how beautiful she looked.  It's another one of those proud parent moments!

I want to remember and record for Emery parts of her confirmation blessing when she received the gift of the Holy Ghost.  It was given to her by her father. 

"Emery, our Heavenly Father is proud of you being baptized and becoming a member.  Your mom and dad and family are proud of you.  Heavenly Father loves you very much.  This is a gift to help you in your life.  The Holy Ghost helps you make right decisions and is the most precious of gifts.  Your Mom and Dad will be there for you as you become a young women and as you enter the temple to be married.  Your mom and dad love you very much.  Attend church, read the scriptures, say prayers and make right decisions in your life.  You will be an example and inspire otheres around you".
Thanks Grandma Carter for recording this!  The priesthood members that layed their hands on Emery's head were, Grandpa Carter, Jace King, Shane Meyer, Allen Meyer and Mike Hassler.  We are so blessed to have the priesthood in our lives.  What a gift and protection.  Grandpa Carter gave the closing prayer and made it so special in is wonderful way of adapting words to children.

Emery's favorite song to be sung during the program was, "I love to See the Temple".  For whatever reason it wasn't sung, so our thoughtful Bishopric member, Jace King, had as sing it as a family in the confirmation room.  I was so grateful for that.  Music always brings in the spirit.  

Emery was so sweet and was sad for the day to come to an end.  She wanted it to go on forever.  I am glad she had a good, spiritual experience that she will always remember.  It was that way for us I know.  What an incredible daughter we have been entrusted with.  Love you Ems!  

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a great experience for her. She truly is a beautiful girl, inside and out. I'm glad it was so special for her.

Josie said...

Indeed Emery is a beautiful girl, inside and out! And how darling she looked on her baptism day. We were so glad that it worked out that we were there to see her be baptized, (I'm sure she had no idea we were there, but we were happy to be there!) Her dress is so pretty and once again Mel, I'm amazed with your work on her hair! So glad she had a wonderful baptism day!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Absolutely loved that adorable princess dress! She looks like an angel and what a darling hair style. Really Mel? How do you come up with all these cute things you do??? No fair.

Hasslers said...

I'm so glad that we got to be there to be apart of Emery's special day. The spirit sure is strong at baptisms as these sweet, pure children follow Christ's example. Emery looked beautiful, with her glowing smile. What a pretty dress, and adoreable hair! We loved being at your house again, and how neat that mom and dad were there too!

Lyndsi said...

We, too, were so thankful to see Emery experience her special baptism day. She is so very pure and looked so beautiful with her gorgeous hair and dress! She has always been an example of following the Savior and surely Heaven was smiling as she was baptized and confirmed. What a special confirmation blessing she received and we will always remember the wonderful prayer offered by your inspiring dad. How we love your family!!

Chelsea Sheer said...

What a beautiful day. I'm sorry I missed it, but so glad I get the chance to see pictures and hear all about it. I loved the special words said for her blessing, and how it makes you see what a beautiful daughter of God she is. I absolutely love her princess dress and great job on the hair!