Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Ella!


Yeah, it's another birthday! We just love our Ella Shae!

 It was fun to doll her up for her special day!

 What a cutie pie!
 Ella's favorite foods..breakfast biscuits,
 Little Debbie cakes for her class,
 Cafe Rio for lunch,
 and jumbo shells for dinner!  Good choices Ells!

This is one of my favorite cakes, so I took lots of pics!  I had to do another Rapunzel cake since that is what she wanted, but I wanted to do something different than the tower.  When I saw this lantern scene in the movie, for the 3rd time, I knew I had to do a cake to somehow resemble it!  Ella just loved it, thank goodness!
The lanterns are little battery tea lights with tissue paper wrapped around them.  Isn't the toy boat so cute as well!  It's all about the props!! 
 Evey stared at it for quite a while!


We love the Meyer boys.  They are always so faithful in attending these birthday celebrations!
 Present time!  Thanks everyone for the wonderful gifts and phone calls!
 Woohoo!  She got her "tangled' tower!  Many hours of play time to come!

Ella is our sweet princess and we love her dearly!  She has matured a whole lot this year.  We love her bright smile and the way her eyes light up when she does so!  We also love her affectionate hugs and kisses.  Everyday when I drop her off at school she gives me a real hug and kiss in the car and then when she gets out she blows me a kiss, throws me a hug, and then blows me one last kiss.  It has been her routine for a long time.  I smile everytime she does this!  We love her happy go lucky attitude.  She sings, dances, and plays so well with her sisters and toys!  She stays on task well and is adding to her musical abilities in starting the piano.  She has a knack for it already!  Ella is a sweet sweet girl and we are so blessed to have her in our home.  Life just wouldn't be the same without this little one!  Thanks for being you Ella!  Happy Birthday!

9 comments:

Woodwards said...

We love Ella too! So glad she had a fun birthday! Such fun foods! And Melanie - what a beautiful birthday cake!!! Wow you are so creative and talented! Your kids are lucky for MANY reasons to have you for a Mom, but one talent to add to the list is your AMAZING cakes!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Ella!! Mel, that cake is amazing. I love that you can actually light up the laterns. So creative. What a fun birthday for a 6 year old.

Angie Stewart Black said...

I can't even comment. I'm pretty much speechless....wow....A MAZE ING! That's all I can come up with. I can't even compete. I can't. I won't. Ok, maybe someday....Nah, who are we kidding? Wow, that is all I can say...

Kathryn said...

Melanie, you are an AMAZING mom and and the parties you do for your kids are to DIE for! I love how creative you are with their birthday cakes and how you make it an ALL day long celebration! Sweet little Ella! I'm so glad she had such a good day and such a fun party!

Josie said...

I know I always tell you this, but I'm saying it again....you are AMAZING Mel! So creative with the birthday cakes and parties! You are such a fun Mom and your kids are so super lucky to have you! Loved all your Rapunzel-ness! And Ella is the cutest little Rapunzel Princess, her and Em could both play the part, such gorgeous girls!

Lyndsi said...

Sweet, beautiful little Ella!! We sure love her and are so glad she had such a delightful birthday - thanks to her incredible mom who makes each birthday SO VERY SPECIAL! The cake is award-winning Mel - so wonderful!!! Did I ever tell you you're my hero? :) Thank you for letting us enjoy birthdays with your family. We love it and we love you all dearly!

Hasslers said...

This seriously should be your profession, Mel! You are so wonderful at making birthdays magical. How lucky your kids are! Ella looks so pretty with her long curly hair and beautiful hair accessories, of course! Ella looks thrilled with her Rapunzel tower and cake. Seriously, you made two Rapunzel cakes?! Amazing

Staci said...

Wow Mel. That cake is awesome! You must have put tons of time into it. I bet she felt so special. I had no idea you loved parties as much as I do. I love it.

Chelsea Sheer said...

Yes, it definitely wouldn't be the same without Ella. I just love Tangled - so it was so fun to see how you made it come to life. Does she just love her rapunzel tower? Where did you find it? Berkles would love it too! Good job creating the cake - I love the lantern scene. And I love Ella's long curly hair. Beautiful. Happy Birthday Ells!