We had such a fun time welcoming in the new year! The Hasslers and Carters planned a wonderful New Year's Eve day and evening filled with awesome festivities!
The first activity was sledding on a hill in Bountiful. There sure was lots of snow but it was cccold! The Hancock girls didn't last long but at least we got a few runs in. Uncle Mike took some incredible pictures!
Curtis and I left early with our girls because of the cold but also to go pick out a beautiful baptism dress for Emmy. That was so fun and I wish I had taken my camera into the store. It was like our own mini fashion show. Emery was in heaven and Ella was in awe. Evey had fun hiding under all the pretty dress racks! We had success and purchased a beautiful gown for Em...stay tuned!
Later in the afternoon we went to the Kaysville dollar theatre which I just love..has the best deals on refreshments! We saw the wolf movie, Alpha and Omega. It was cute, but definitely a one time viewing show!
We then headed to the church for some pizza and games with the cousins. Musical chairs was popular and Evey won. Yay!
It was back to the Hassler home for some games and more food..mmmm!
The boys headed over to the Carters for a sleepover and the girls stayed at the Hasslers!
The dynamic duo host and hostess! Thanks for the great party guys!
Happy New Year! It is now 2011! Uncle Mike, did you drink a little too much cider!
New Year's Day was spent giving Cooper a bath. Evey, the Cooper terrorizer had to be there ofcourse! I know he was so relieved when she left!
Playing and checking out the new truck load of fairytale figurine characters that the cousins bought with their Christmas money!
And this is what we woke up to after a night's rest back in our home!
We were sad to leave our cousins behind. Who wouldn't with all of that good company and amazing partying! What made it easier was knowing that the Hasslers were coming to our house in one short week for Emery's baptism. Thank goodness!
One of my favorite parts of our whole Christmas trip was being able to go out as adults because our children are now old enough to babysit. It felt like we would never get to that stage. It is oh so lovely! The 3 couples went out at least 3 times. Dinner and movie. It's very typical but I absolutely loved every moment. Thanks again to all of my wonderful dear siblings for making Christmas and New Year's so magical for us all!
4 comments:
What great sledding pictures! I especially love the ones of Curtis with the girls! Sounds like one heck of a party, glad you guys had such a fabulous time celebrating!
It was fun to look at those sledding pictures again, was that ever alot of fun! Probably my last time due to my almost paralysis! Love the looks on everyone's faces as they are racing to their certain deaths :) The cousins sure had a blast racing around the church. What could be better - wonderful company, yummy food, cousins playing, so much fun! Thank you for sharing it with us, what a way to ring in 2011! We also loved going out on our dates, what a life changing event to have built in babysitters!
Those are such great pictures of everyone sledding!! Looks like a wonderful time! Your family truly had such a festive holiday season. So fun for you all! We missed you though!
I so wish I could be there too! But I love being able to see the pictures. Oh my goodness - I LOVED those sledding pictures. They're amazing. I love all the faces. I can just picture the games at the church and all the chaos that does with it. Sounded like a wonderful new years. Maybe one day we'll be together!
Post a Comment