My recital this May was really fun! All year my students have been traveling around the world, on a map ofcourse, collecting money, stopping in countries, and sampling treats from those countries. As a celebration of this year's accomplishments, students dressed up in their assigned country and played a song to represent it.
I wish I would have made a group picture happen. I just wasn't thinking. Shoot!
Here are Katie's students. Caden was a mountie policeman from Canada. Emery was an Italy girl. Carter was a mummy from Egypt and Ella was the world. She has a moon and sun in her hair.
This was Ella's first piano recital. She did so well playing her song, "I'd like to teach the world to sing". She is still playing it a whole month later!
Chelsea helped me with these adorable programs. Thanks again Chels! I just love them!
I gave these to all my students with a box of treats. Carter got 1st place, Emery and Caden tied for 2nd and the Featherstone boys got 3rd place. I promise, it wasn't rigged! I let my own kids participate in the reward program because they begged me to. What cute and motivated kids!They all played well and were fun to listen to. Thanks to all who attented!
5 comments:
you are such a creative teacher! I can't wait to see what you have planned for this year. I'm so excited for grant to take lessons from you this fall. :)
Love the fun and creative things you do for your recitals Mel! What a great teacher you are!
You are simply the best! Your students are so lucky to have your creativity and thoughtfulness in making their piano experience so fun and motivating! Luke was so thrilled to enjoy this recital and each lesson with you. THANK YOU!!!
What a fun teacher you are, Mel! Such a creative and cute idea to motivate the children to practice and do their best at piano! I loved the cute costumes, you are so talented at that! Ella's hair pieces are so much fun! Carter looks pretty stiff wrapped up in the mummy cloth, was he able to move his arms okay?(hee hee). Ella will have to play her song for us when she sees us again!
cute cute cute! I love all the costumes - and especially Ella's earth costume. You are such a fun teacher - I so wish my kids could take piano lessons from you -and me too! And making the program with you was fun! I love to do stuff with you!
Post a Comment