Monday, June 20, 2011

End of school year celebrations!

Yes, we are close to school being out.  It was so fun attending all of the concerts, graduations, and programs!  I love seeing my children shine.  They are wonderful little spirits and they did so well in school this year!

This post will be a bragging session of the Hancock children.  I think we can do that as a parent every so often, right?!

Carter adjusted so well in going to intermediate school.  He woke up so early every single morning all on his own, and accomplished such high grades.  His final mark in science was 100%!  What a smart boy!  One of his favorite classes was orchestra that he took from Mrs.Candland.  He also does so well on the cello and just loves it.  He will be continuing on with it!  This concert was a Cinco de Mayo celebration.  So fun!

Mrs. Meacham was Caden's choir teacher.  He had quite a few performances throughout the year.  The choir was very large and always well prepared.  They knew the lyrics of those songs so well!  Caden too, excelled in science.  He learned a lot in fourth grade!  I can't believe he will be in the highest grade of elementary next year!  Really?
 Ella was simply adorable in her kindergarten graduation!
 Here she is with classmates and friends, CC, Addie, and her favorite, Makayla.  Those 2 played a ton this year.  We just love Makayla!  She is the sweetest!
Out of all the kindergarteners in the school, just 10 were chosen for the horizon hero award.  They are kind and nice to everyone around them.  I was so excited for her since I didn't expect her to receive an award.  Good job Ella.  Mrs. Key did tell me throughout the year that Ella was always a friend to everyone in her class.  What a good girl!
 Isn't her cap and gown picture the cutest?!
 Ella with Mrs. Key.  She cried the next day telling me that she missed her.  What a sweetheart!
On her graduation day, she finally decided to ride a bike without training wheels.  I guess she figured it was time.  How fitting!  She learned on Owen's bike.  I think that's hilarious since he is younger than her!  Oh well-I never pushed her.  I just waited until she was ready.  I wasn't even outside helping her.  She just ran in the house to share her exciting news with me!  What a day of accomplishments!

I was also so proud of Emery.  She and Caden played "First in Math" on the computer like crazy this year, especially her!  She was in the top 10 of the school to have received the most stickers.  Emery is really good at math.  She was working on multiplication and division which isn't even introduced until the 3rd grade.  What a girl!  I know all my kids are smarter than I was at that age and I am so happy that it has worked out that way!  She told me that she is sure going to miss her favorite teacher of all time, Mrs. Bergeron.  I could see why!  She is my favorite as well!

Woohoo!  It's the last day of school!  Celebrate!!  I picked up Carter and Tait and while we were driving they said, "Okay, when we don't see the school anymore, let's scream out the window.  They both have a good set of lungs!
 Jace and Emery were celebrating as well!
Yay for summer!  Let's have some fun!

2 comments:

Josie said...

Way to go Hancock kids! What great kids you have Mel! Really! How funny that Ella finally learned to ride on Owen's tiny little bike! Way to go Ella! Can she convince Madi to give it a try?

Chelsea Sheer said...

Great job Hancock kids! They totally deserve to be bragged about. 100% in Science - smarty pants! Emery in Math, Caden in choir, and Ella's friendly award. :) Oh, and I love Ella's little high heeled shoes - she looks adorable in her graduation, and the little cap and gown pic. We too love the Hancock kids and love when you brag about them! :)