Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Birthday cousin Jenna!

We were so lucky to have the Hassler family come visit us for Memorial Day weekend.  They were on their way to Disneyland and it happened to be Jenna's 13th birthday.  Lots of reasons to celebrate and party!  Jenna is so passionate about Harry Potter.  She has read each book at least 7 times.  Isn't that just amazing?  I know it leaves me speechless! 
I was feeling cake deprived from Carter's Birthday, so I had a great time filling my need to make a fun cake!  My favorite part was making the fondant items!  Emery was a great helper and enjoyed watching it come together!  It was a yummy reeses peanut butter chocolate cake ..mmmm!  Jenna and her mom were so nice to let me do this for her!
 Happy Birthday to you!  We think you are a most wonderful niece and cousin!
 Waffles, bacon, and strawberries for a birthday breakfast the next day!
Have fun in Disneyland Hassler family!  We will try our very best to not be jealous!

I forgot to get a picture of Caden taking care of the Hassler's dog, Cooper, while they were on their trip.  Caden is getting so close to earning his $300..stay tuned to a future post.  Cooper was well taken care of and received a lot of attention.  Lyndsi even had him over a few times and gave him some delicious treats and a luscious bed!  Thanks Lynds!  My kids would love to get a dog but I am fine with just pet sitting every now and again.  I tell my children that they are my pets!  Is that mean or what?!

4 comments:

Hasslers said...

Mel, that is so sweet of you to do a blog post for Jenna! It was so much fun to spend the weekend with you guys, you are always so warm and welcoming, we are well loved at the Hancocks! You are so cute to thank me for letting you make Jenna's cake - um, I got the awesome end of the deal! Talented cake maker focusing on Jenna's Harry Potter love, you are so thoughtful and kind! Thank you so much for spending the time and effort for my daughter, we love you so much! You made me laugh when you said that you were speechless with how many times Jenna has read Harry Potter - too funny! Caden did a wonderful job taking care of Cooper, he had the time of his life! Thanks to Lyndsi too, and her soft spot for animals :)

Kathryn said...

Wow Melanie! Great job on that cake!...again, can I just start hiring you for my kids birthdays! You're amazing!

Josie said...

That was nice of them to let you make that cake?! Really Mel? I am pretty sure, it was more nice of you to make the cake. You are just as great of an aunt as you are a Mom! What a fun cake, excellent job once again!

Chelsea Sheer said...

Happy Birthday Jenna! We sure love you. Mel - that cake is AWESOME! You amaze me with those things. So creative and thoughtful to spend the time to make her some of her favourite things. How fun to be able to celebrate together. Wouldn't it be something if we could all celebrate all family birthday's together. I think you'd be the official cake maker. :)