Caden has become very interested in the chickens at Kimball Gardner's property over the last few months. Kimball's grandsons collect eggs everyday and so Caden has tagged along. As he has done this, he has become quite the expert on eggs. He loves to collect them, cook them, and experiment with them!
His experiment was to find out if an egg would float in water, vinegar, and salt water.
This is what happened to the egg that sat in the vinegar. He left it in there for 24 hours. The shell practically slid off and the egg inside felt rubbery and became transparent. He thought this was the coolest part about the experiment!
He discovered that the eggs floated in salt water and vinegar but not regular water. It was fun and simple!
Good job Caden! Mom's glad you are done with that one! :)
2 comments:
Don't you just love the science fair? ;) That is a creative and fun experiment, we may have to try that in the future! That is wild what happens to the egg when it is in vinegar - way to go Caden!
ahhhh...science fairs. Well done! I have to say, I'm kind of excited to be able to reach that stage, although when I'm there I'll probably be wishing I wasn't. I wasn't ever in a science fair so maybe that's way. But what a cute simple idea. Nice work!
Post a Comment