Monday, October 20, 2008

Baptism Boy!

What a very special day. Caden got baptized on Saturday October 11th, 2008. He was very excited for his big day and was as good as ever during the talks and singing. That is quite remarkable since our ward was the last one to go to the baptismal font. While Caden was waiting his turn to be baptized, he and the other baptismal candidates were asked to go up by the podium to sing their favorite song with the congregation. Caden's choice was "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission." There he was standing so innocent and pure in his white clothing while singing his little heart out and I just wanted to run up and hug him. That was my fondest memory of the entire experience. That was the kind of moment that I wanted to be in forever. Caden kept telling me that I would cry....good call buddy. I had a few other tender moments as well...there is something to say about their countenance when they come out of the water. We were excited to have seen Jace Houskeeper's baptism as well. He too is a beautiful spirit. Tiernan Belnap was another good friend to get baptized that we were unable to see but got to talk with after. What special spirits saved for this time on earth.

This is a very special bonding time for father and son. I was very grateful for the time Caden had with his dad. There is nothing more powerful than the priesthood and I am so grateful that Curtis was able to use this gift.
What a stud sporting his new suit. He was trying it on and posed like this on his own. Who knows....maybe a career in modeling?! :) What a handsome young man in his new suit. We forgot to have him hold his new scriptures. Our happy guy! Wow! I can't believe that both our boys are baptized now. It seemed like just the other day that they were crawling around. All of our children were so well behaved considering the circumstances. I'm always so relieved when that happens!

4 comments:

Lyndsi said...

What a beautiful family! How lucky that we were able to share this special day with you. Caden- you are awesome, bud!! Love you all.

Unknown said...

This was such a special baptism, isn't it great that we could all be there with our families? I loved seeing Jace, Caden and Tiernan sitting there with their dads. I was emotional too. Even though the night lasted long and there were some mishaps, I think it was an awesome experience, and with you guys there it made it even better.

I couldn't help but wonder again, how cool it would be if Caden and Tiernan got together later on in life. They sat beside each other at their baptisms! What great stories they would have for their children. There I go again, prearranging their marriage!

Nate and Erin Russell said...

Can I just tell you how adorable Caden is in that GQ picture!! He needs to win a prize or something! P.S. Mel! I'm Blogging!

The King Family said...

I found your blog on Annette's. He looked so handsome on his baptism day! How exciting for your family. AND, your family of 7 is absolutely adorable.