I am so excited to have had the opportunity to record music in a professional studio. My friend Lyndsi is working on a new cd and asked if I would come and sing some back up vocals. I was so honored that she would ask me. I was nervous at first because I didn't want to ruin her beautiful music. It turned out great though....Lyndsi can alter my pitches with her equipment so that made me feel better. So now I am on two of her songs with messages about friendship. I sang an alto part that she entrusted me to add. That's what I love about Lyndsi. Even though she has this incredible talent and most beautiful voice, she has never intimidated me. She does the opposite and actually puts me at ease. I felt even closer to her after this night. It was so neat to see her in her element. She is so unbeilievably talented and I always knew this but it struck me with a greater validity. I just treasure her friendship and love of the gopsel. She is the kind of friend to always buoy me up. So thanks Lyndsi for this awesome experience. I know you love the lime light and that is not how I intend this....I just have to record my feelings:)
6 comments:
Mel - you were wonderful! No pitch correction needed at all - just didn't want you to be worried. :) This was equally fun and special for me. With the theme on examples this year, it only made sense to have you be a part of the music. YOU are an example and inspiration to me and so many others. Love ya!!
I'm jealous!! Sounds like a lot of fun, you guys are great!
Wow! I can't wait to buy the cd now!
That made it sound like I wouldn't buy it if it was only Lyndsi, which is totally not true, but I meant that now I have twice the reason to buy it so I can hear two of my friends beautiful voices. (Boy, pulling your foot out of your mouth is hard work!) Love ya both!
That is Awesome! Now I will want both of your autographs :)
Mel, that is so cool!! I'm really looking forward to listening to the song!! I love you
Post a Comment