We LOVE Halloween! On Saturday it was our ward's trunk-or-treat. The kids had a great time once they actually got to fill their candy bags. It was quite the struggle to get ready and get pictures done. We had costume malfunctions...mustaches not sticking, earrings coming unglued, suspenders not adjusting, hoop skirts breaking, characters whining and crying, you name it. I just about threw the towel in ..but nope we stuck through and got some cute photos. Just ask anyone in my family...I was obsessed this year with finding a family theme and was so excited to come across the Mario characters. Carter originally wanted to be the devil and was pretty set on it so I had to do some convincing and was successful with Mario. Anything that has to do with video games, I guess. So I spent many late nights putting these costumes together and it was worth it...at least for the pictures, right?! :) Peggy made Evey's adorable toadette hat and unfortunately Evey absolutely hates it! She sure doesn't appreciate her Grandma's efforts! We were lucky to get it on her head for a split second. Peggy and LeRoy also did some running around town for accessories. Also, thanks to Chelsea and her friend for sending accessories to us from Canada. Carter is wearing Lyndsi's overalls. This truly ended up being a group effort so I would love to thank you all! (Boy that felt like a speech at the oscars :) Hope you all enjoy these pictures of our cute ones!It's the Mario Gang!
The Mario Brothers

The princess sisters
Dare to compare...do we look alike?
Wario
Rosalina
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Princess Daisy Toadette
Friends and family:
Our good friend Tonya was a tired lady that couldn't sleep because of a ghost that bothered her but she couldn't find it or see it. It was attached to a stick that stuck at the back of her shirt. The kids kept screaming at her that it was right behind her! Great job Tonya! You're so creative!
The Meyer's tagged along with us. Jace is Batman, Owen is a monkey and Liam is a bumblebee flying in the air
Emery and Amara (snow princess Dora)
Elle (supergirl) and Emery
Our friends the Houskeepers as Sara and John. Jace is an army guy, Luke is Hulk, and Lily the ladybug.
12 comments:
Oh my gosh Mel - GREAT job! You guys look AWESOME! I love you and can't wait to see you. :)
Your costumes look wonderful. We love them. Way to go Mel.
Award worthy for sure!! Melanie- everything you do is amazing! Can't wait to see the Mario Gang again on Halloween!
We loved your family costumes! It gives me a headache just thinking about what you went through to get them together!
WOW Mel those costumes are awesome!! You guys look sooooooooo great!! I love them all, I don't have a favourite. How fun that you guys have a theme!! What a great idea. I wish we could be there to see them in person. Love you!
You guys looked so great! I can only hope to pull off something as amazing when my little one is old enough to trick-or-treat! Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left us. We adore Caden! Chris and I love having him in our class. He is truly the highlight of our week!
Ditto to all the previous comments! You are amazing. I saw that Wal-mart is having a costume contest on Halloween night. You guys should totally enter!
You could win some major awards for those costumes. I love the theme! You had to put a lot of work into all that. Good job.
Oh my heck, you are amazing! You guys look so good and put a lot of time and effort into those costumes. Wow, I am impressed! Good Job! Happy Trick or treating!
Melanie,
This really is an AMAZING feat! You are so clever to come up with something for everyone. I love that it meets the girls and boys needs so well, too. You really should enter a contest. Your family is the pride of Washington Fields 5th Ward! Cute, cute, cute, Happy Halloween!
You guys looked AWESOME! Love the family theme!
So creative! I love it!!
Post a Comment