Thursday, October 16, 2008

Baptism Weekend

What a fantastic weekend! Even though the "weather was freezing" (a direct quote from Canadian Grandpa Carter) we had an incredible time. On Saturday we went to the Hidden Valley Park and played tag. Saturday afternoon was spent preparing food and making paper flowers. Sydney taught us how do do those. I wish I got a picture of it. The cousins can never get enough of each other. Sunday morning was church and then lunch. The kids got to play for a couple of hours and then it was good-bye time which we all despise. Caden was very down after. He informed me that he didn't have a good weekend at all. It's so sad when the family leaves but at least we have enough children to have another future event to look forward to where they all come for a visit again!
Caden's guests were great company. On Saturday night there were a total of 19 people sleeping in our home. It was soooo much fun! We LOVE having family come stay with us!

the Hassler and Carter cousins the grams and.. the gramps! auntie Cynthia, grandma carter, uncle Spencer cousins Jenna and Sydney cousin Zachary and brother Carter cousin Shane and baby Liam cousin Lindsey We enjoyed a yummy home made version of cafe rio. Everyone was starving as the baptism was very long and the children from our ward were the last ones to be baptized. We didn't eat until 7 that night. Yes, the best part, dinner! Fill them plates up! Uncle Mike, Dad and Grandpa H. Uncle Spencer enjoying his tortilla!Grandma and Grandpa Carter arrived Thursday before the baptism just in time to celebrate Grandma's 61st birthday. The kids were thrilled to have them come stay at our house. We had a yummy olive garden soup, salad, breadsticks and chocolate cake. We then went for a walk to show them Horizon Elementary School. Grandpa was very impressed with the view! This is the first time he has seen our new house and he LOVED it! Ofcourse he would with his enthusiasm for life! Grandma loves our central vacuum and loves the fact that crumbs get sucked up into their own abyss....she swept a lot...thanks mom!

4 comments:

Sheers said...

SOOOO wish I could have been there. Thanks for posting all the pics so I could at least I could see some of it.

Tonya said...

Your family is so great! What fun times you must all have together. It was fun to meet your mom and see Cynthia again too! Her kids are so cute...just like their cousins! Next time, I'll have to be sure to meet your dad too. I've heard so much about him. Thanks for sharing your fun weekend!

Unknown said...

Looks like your house was full! I love those times!

Katie said...

Melanie,

It is so fun to see your last few posts. I started at conference and worked my way up- so I'll start from there. I am so jealous that you got to go to 3 sessions. I bet it was amazing. You'll have to tell Jenna that the childrens' choir was amazing and one of my favorite parts of conference. Caden baptism was so neat- and yes there were a ton pf people getting baptized. How fun that there were so many from our ward and such great friends, too. And I think your tradition of the poster board on the car is ADORABLE! You're a great Mom. Thanks for the peek into your life.