Happy birthday to me! AHHH..I am officially 32. That sounds so old to me. That's ok..I just pretend like I'm 20! My birthday was so much fun this year. It was an extented celebration. Three days of partying..it all started out the Saturday before. Lyndsi was planning to take me to lunch at Twenty Five Main...a really cute cafe that I was wanting to check out. I was really looking forward to this girl time. Then when we got there I was pleasantly surprised to see my other close friends waiting to join us! I was overcome with emotion. I immediately thought of how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends. These girls mean a lot to me! They all bring sunshine and happiness into my life! Thanks everyone for the fabulous day...and to Lyndsi for instigating it all.
L to R: Tonya, Lyndsi, Annette, me, Katie, Jill. Lunch was delicious. I had a yummy turkey artichoke sandwich with a side salad that had a great tasting dressing.
The best part though was this divine vanilla stawberry cupcake. I don't know if I'll ever want to try another flavor! Cupcakes are what the cafe is famous for.
I think I was loving my gifts a little too much!
Annette set up the timer on her camera. I was feeling like it was so not stressful with our children not there! 
Then it was my real birthday. Curtis brought home a frozen pasta dish for us..yum and a pizza for the kids. He put candles on cinnamon rolls..another yum! It was such a treat to not cook. Thanks Curt.
My cuties hanging out with me as I opened presents.

I also received many calls and emails. Katie and Annette took my girls in the afternoon and Lyndsi took me to her nieces' dance recital later on. Thanks to everyone for a truly special day. I am blown away by your thoughtfulness.
...and THEN this past Saturday my inlaws took me out. Shellie, Laura, and Lindsey treated me to a birthday lunch at the Olive Garden. Soup, salad, and breadsticks with a Raspberry lemonade. Can you tell I'm hungry?! Oh ya, and I can't forget the choclate birthday cake. I even got sung to by the waiters...I so love that kind of thing! We went shopping after. Thanks you guys...I am really lucky to have such great family here! I will post pictures once I get them. Well, have you heard enough about my b-day! Thanks for letting me brag!
2 comments:
Better be careful, Mel, or you'll end up doing our traditional Jesienouski "Birthday Month" celebrations! We love birthdays at our house...glad yours was so awesome because you are too!
Awwww....happy birthday Mel! You look so pretty and I sure love and miss you and wish I could have been there to celebrate with you.
Post a Comment