Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our winter wonderland!

Yay!!! We are SO excited that it snowed. It truly feels like Christmas! Last night it just started coming down so delicately. Curtis said his birthday wish came true...so he had to go make a snowman for the kids to wake up to. Also that evening we learned that school was cancelled. Shellie called with the good news. Carter happened to be up late and joined in on the excitement. He was anticipating his sleep-in day...NOT! Caden was up bright and early bouncing around...WHAT? On most days I am dragging that boy out of bed! He must have sensed the frosty air! We got approx. 6"...apparently the most St.George has had in over 15 years. School buses aren't equiped with the winter tires and ofcourse there are no snowplows...driving buses full of children...just too risky on the roads. We had a fun day with the kids at home. They played in the snow virtually the whole day with Jace Meyer. It was a great adventure that we will always look back on. We are wishing for a white Christmas. How perfect would it be if this happened Christmas Eve!




Our children were freezing after their morning frolick. We HAD to turn on the fire. Look at Evey's OOOOO mouth. That's her new thing when she sees something new.

6 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

You guys really enjoyed all the snow! I love the picture of the kids warming their feet in front of the fire. Have a Merry Christmas!

Staci Davies said...

We all got so excited around here, didn't we! I love the picture of all the feet around the fireplace

Kathryn said...

I still can't believe how much snow we got. So FUN! I love the pic with your kids warming their feet at the fireplace!
I like your background too...I think you're right, we both have great taste :)
Your family picture is darling too. You have such a perfect little family, you can tell you have so much fun together.

Sheers said...

Wow - that's crazy! So fun that you got some snow for Christmas thought. And Evey's face - darling! I love her!

Jenny said...

That is awesome that you guys got snow. Pretty fun that the school was cancelled. I wish that would happen here sometimes.

Unknown said...

It was fun wasn't it?