Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Classics

On Thursday I had my Christmas piano recital at the Piano Gallery. It went sooo well...I was extremely proud of all my students. This year I teach 14 students. Everyone but one attended. Shelli Christensen was missing since her daughter just had a baby. It was a privilege to see my own children performing. Katie has given them an excellent start.

Carter informed me that he was quite nervous but you sure couldn't tell. He played Joy to the World...perfectly! He has good strength and energy to his touch. He practiced and practiced the song...his motivation...a miniature battle ship game that Katie was rewarding him with. Katie, you know my kids so well...thanks!

Caden also played his perfectly. His piece was With Wondering Awe. He struggled in learning this one...quite the challenge for him. I was happy that he "finally liked the song" as he told Katie 2 days before the recital. I was so proud of all his hard work in practicing! The boys played Deck the Halls for their duet...another successful performance. Emery could NOT wait for recital time! She counted down the days and woke up that morning literally jumping up and down...yay for recital day! Emmy LOVES the piano and was in love with her solo...The Chimpunk Song. She knows the song backwards and forwards...she could probably play it with her toes! I couldn't help but get emotional as I watched her up there for her first performance. She too was a star! She told me the next day that she wished it was still the day of the recital...too cute! Elle and Emery were so excited to play a duet together since they are such good friends. They performed Jolly Old St. Nicholas...another moving performance! Then there was me, not so much of a moving performance...oh well. I started out pretty nervous (as usual) but couldn't seem to shake it...I stopped pretty abruptly a few times. That's what I get for practicing just that week...not a good example to my students. Sorry. My song was The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from the Nutcracker. We so love and appreciate Katie Melo. She has done wonders with our children!

What a rewarding night...I loved the whole show. I think at my next recital, I'll have to try for a picture of all my students. I so appreciate all the parents for the time they spend to prepare their children for such an event...thank you everyone and thank you Lyndsi, Luke, Laura, Jace, Lindsey and Curtis for attending. Your support means so much!

After we got the kids settled in bed, (I hesitate to admit this) I took off to see Twilight yet again for the 4th time. Hee hee. My neighbor Josie was spreading the word that she wanted to see it for the 2nd time and was inviting whoever wanted to come...ofcourse I couldn't decline the offer. Plus, it was an excuse to get some good down time after my exciting night at the Piano Gallery! Those of us who went; me, Josie, Staci, Tonya and Lyndsi. I'll have to steal a picture from you Josie..thanks for the night out...it was a blast!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Ha ha four times to twilight that is awesome!! I love the pictures of your kids playing piano - they look so good. I love how you did Emery's hair. What cute kids. I sure wish Chloe could take lessons from you.

Josie said...

That is so cute Emery is so excited about playing piano, and I love that her and Elle did a duet. How sweet! Glad it all went well for you! So I just posted pics of our Twilight night, I'll e-mail the pics to you girls soon. LOVE it! Thanks again, it was SO fun! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY today!

Sarah Jimenez said...

Thanks for finding our blog! I love these things. Congrats on all the piano performances. You have been very busy! This week will work good for me. Thurs. I'll be out from about 10-1 but any other time should work. I love your side menu with all the cute things your kids say...precious

Sheers said...

I love that picture of your boys sitting and playing their duet. I bet they'll always have good memories of that and looking back on the pictures. So handsome in their suits.
Emmy is so cute in her outfit and I bet she had that chipmunk song perfect. She had it learned so well even when I was there!
Twilight - sigh....so gooooood! No need to say anymore.

Sheers said...

Oh, and one more thing - you look gorgeous as always! I love how you always "poof" your hair. I try and do that and it doesn't work so well. You'll have to teach me sometime! What a cute stylish mom.

Lyndsi said...

Luke and I thoroughly enjoyed this festive recital! You are brilliant as a pianist and a teacher and everyone did so well! I especially loved little Emery's chipmunk song - so cute and so great! It looks like she's taking after her talented Mom. Great job to you all!!