Sunday, December 7, 2008

Matchy matchy...outfits, hair, bows...

What can I say? I LOVE matching my girls. I have always loved it but lately it has seemed to become a new hobby of mine late Saturday night. I don't prepare for primary anymore so what else should I be doing?! When Chelsea came for a visit she taught me how to make bows...it has opened up a whole new world for me...so fun! This is usually how it goes; I rack my brain for the outfits(I sometimes go digging in boxes of hand-me-downs put away), next go looking on blog sites for ideas in the hair-do department, then I go make the bows and voila, it is all planned and ready for the following morning. Pretty cheezy I know...but so much fun. My girls are my little dress-up dolls and they are such good sports about it. I am quite sad though that one of my craziest hairstyles(zig-zag braid) is not on here since the camera didn't have a memory card in it...shoot! I also made some cute black and pink bows to go with the outfits so maybe I'll just post a pic. of the bows....I'm not so sure I'll do the hair-do again...kind of weird in a cool sort of way! Anyway...enough of the text...enjoy the pictures of my cuties! Thanks for letting me show them off.






8 comments:

The King Family said...

You are so talented and creative. You will have to teach me one of your many talents. I admire you in so many ways. What some cute little girlies. AND, so fun to dress them up. YOu always have them so cute. I love it! Did I ever send you an invite to my blog? If not, email me at shellyking00@hotmail.com and I will again. Sorry!

Bri said...

Way cute bows. Your girls always look so cute.

Jill said...

O.k. Mel I'm the neighbor don't I get any of the hair bow making perks!! I have wanted to know for a long time! You have the prettiest girls. I have to agree that girl accessorizing is the best!

Tonya said...

I'm jealous. My girls have never been dressing-up-cutsy-matching types. I'm lucky if they even brush their hair. Plus, I told you already about my idea of the mom/daughter matching...I still might have to try that. Anyway, your girls are adorable! And the boys aren't so bad either!!! Have fun!

Jenny said...

Wow smell - those bows look so great!! Good job!! Your girls are adorable. It totally makes me want to make my girls match. Cute hair styles!

Nate and Erin Russell said...

mel! i love their sideways braids! you're so cute! i'm excited for rachael to get bigger (but kind of not excited... she needs to stay a baby!) so that i can play with her more!

Josie said...

I always love seeing your girls cute outfits and hair dos at church! Not to mention how gorgeous your girls are!

Sheers said...

If you call yourself cheesy - I must be uber cheesy! I have a bow to match every single outfit! ha! AND I match my boy and girl - not even the same gender!

I know...the possibilities for bows are endless. Now you have to start making korker ones too - and then combine the bows and korkers. You could go on forever.

You did the same criss-cross braid hairdo I did when I was there - did you get it from the website I sent you? Isn't it awesome? All your hairstyles look great. Love the bows too! Keep on posting pics.