Sunday, February 8, 2009

Glitter Ball Mania!

So this past Saturday I took the kids to Walmart to buy the ever popular elementary school toy. They wanted to spend their allowance and Ella had birthday money. Carter has been talking about these balls for the past few weeks. I guess quite a few children have them. They are rubber balls filled with water and sparkles..and guess the price? $8.00 dollars/ball..a bit steep don't you think! The King kids ( a cute family in our neigborhood were giving us tips about where to buy them..we were advised to shop at the Bloomington walmart). So off we went. When we got there however, there was none to be found. I asked a worker if they had any in the back...NOPE..but she saw one hanging around just down the isle. It was purple...the kids went running to view it. Caden, Emery and Ella were claiming it was theirs! It went to Emery though because they had previously told me their color choices and that was the one she was looking for. I was desperate for 3 more. I asked the worker if she would check in the back...NOPE..apparantely she had just done so and said they were so popular that when a new box came out, they were gone quickly. So, we were just about to leave to go to the other walmart until I started fishing around in nearby boxes and sure enough..after some digging..we found 3 more. I think some stinkers out there hid them but no matter...mission accomplished. Everyone was happy! These balls are a treasured item. They played with them ALL afternoon and washed them to bring back into the house..you know me! :) They wanted to take them to bed and now they are going to school tomorrow..Emery's is all nestled in her backpack ready to go. Too funny! It reminded me somewhat of the movie Jingle all the Way where Arnold Swartgne....whatever the spelling is...was in search of the hot toy called "Turbo Man". I too was determined to find the toys for the kids..sorry Arnold! I had a much easier time than you!
Emery and Ella looked so cute today...I just had to take a pic. Emery is posing like Sharpay and Ella like Gabriella! ( High School Musical girls :) )
Saturday evening Lyndsi called to let me know that her sister was headed to Walmart to get her daughter a glittery ball..too funny...it's all the rage!

8 comments:

Nate and Erin Russell said...

Haha, look at Emery's modeling face!! Adorable! And those balls are sweet, I want to go pick one up myself!

Jenny said...

I have never heard of those balls - way to go Mel for finding them! I love the poses the girls are making!! Emery is doing a great Sharpay!!

Hasslers said...

You always make me laugh - Arnold Shwa... whatever the spelling is - I laughed right out loud, and then your apology to him on your blog - classic! Okay, now you are making me want to go get those balls - maybe we should start the craze here! Love the girls' poses, and Carter's expressive face!

Josie said...

I guess I am lucky my kids haven't gotten to the stage that they have to have what other kids have! I haven't even heard of the glitter ball! I love the girls stiking a pose! They are playing the parts so well!

Tonya said...

So cute! I remember having to have a hoppytaw so I could play hopscotch at recess...and smurfs...don't even get me started! I'm glad they got their treasures. They all look adorable today!

Esplin 5 said...

Wow, Melanie! I bet you taught her how to pop her hip like that huh?? What a doll! Your kids are too cute.

Unknown said...

SOOOOO Funny!! (you were there, but I thought I'd type this anyway) Tait saw that your kids had those glitter balls that day and said, yeah mom!! I hid one so we could go back and buy it!!! I didn't even know he liked them! HILARIOUS!!!

Sheers said...

it's funny the phases that happen. Who knew...glitter balls. I'm sure if I was their age I'd want one too!
Oh, and way to go with the poses girls! Strut your stuff. :) hehe
I'm with Cynthia - I love your writing style...your apology to Arnold - mwahahaha.
Love ya!