I was lucky enough to visit Caden's classroom celebration this time around. Mrs. Bergeron really didn't need a helper..she was just nice to let me come hang out. I was hoping to be able to volunteer once a week in Caden's class this year but with scheduling conflicts, it just didn't work out. So he was VERY excited for me to come. When I arrived he gave me a giant bear hug. I am so grateful to still be a "cool" mom right now. Emery and Evey tagged along.



This is one of Caden's greatest buddy's..Kase Larsen. They are wonderful friends. One of their favorite things to play together is star wars. They morph into character and play at recess and after school. Infact their whole class is into star wars..ie. the boys. Mrs. Bergeron gave all the boys star wars valentines and put her own script in the bubbles above the characters' mouths..like, during a light saber battle between 2 guys she writes. "so what do you want to do after this?" The other one answers, "let's go and read." I was just lovin' it and totally LOL! She too was chuckling as she was making them up. Way to go Mrs. Bergeron. You are so creative.
Instead of an official Valentine's party Carter's class joined with all the other 4th graders in a trip to the "mall". This mall was their reward for earning school money all year. At the beginning of the year, all of the teachers made dollar bills with their faces on them. To motivate and teach the students about managing money they were given certain amounts daily for bringing forms and homework back promptly, behaving in class, doing extra work, etc. Carter had earned $1.600. thus far. The mall was set up for the student to bring their own items to sell. The night before Carter spent quite a while at home searching for attractive items. He took a few small things and then his big ticket item was an atari system that plugs into your tv. I can't believe Curtis agreed to this. Carter was so excited to sell it. His goal was to earn $10,000. This is what the students had to earn in order to buy a "blue" computer (Carter's description) from their teacher. Carter really wanted it. So we made sure that all his items would add up to the right amount. He labeled everything and then was on his way. I didn't attend the big event but I heard it was great. The teachers and parents even got involved in buying things. Mrs. Talbot bought his atari for $6, 700. He had listed it for $7,500. All morning I was just wondering and crossing my fingers for him to win that "blue" computer. So in combination with his previous amount and his earnings from the mall, he ended up with $8,000. A girl in his class gave him an extra 2 grand so he had enough! YAY! He actually was the only one that won the computer. By the end of the school day they had announced that he was also the top earner out of ALL the 4 graders. Way to go Carter. I think I was more excited than he was. So after attending Caden's party, I HAD to go to Carter's classroom to get the low down and then ofcourse take a picture. The blue computer turns out to be a used apple. Hopefully Curtis will be able to set it up for him. Carter is thrilled to have his very own computer.

4 comments:
WAY TO GO CARTER! I am so proud of you. You can get anything in this life that you want with the kind of dedication you have. It was so fun seeing you at the mall.
Good job Carter - that is so awesome!! I was getting excited for you just reading it!
It is always so much fun to go to our children's holiday parties - and especially that they love having us there! Way to make a goal and acheive it, Carter!
I am soo glad that our boys are such good friends! Star wars RAwks at our house too!
Post a Comment