Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ella's school day

On Wednesday January 28th, Ella was honored at preschool for her 4th birthday. Four is a HUGE change for me. It sounds sooo much older than 3...come on, she's practically a whole hand for goodness sake. Evey and I were lucky enough to go help in the class. Ella got to be the line leader when heading to recess and lining up to go home. Also, just before show and tell Miss Keri had her sit up at the front and tell all her favorites that went onto the chalkboard. She also received a birthday hat and candy necklace. I'm confident to report that she felt special! Thanks Miss Keri and Miss Lindsey!
There were many favorites...she was very healthy that day in her food choices; oranges, corn on the cob, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc. Her teacher was surprised not to hear the typical mac and cheese or pizza. Ella really does love these foods on a daily basis! Shocking, I know but wonderful!

The birthday child is allowed to bring a treat for her friends and ofcourse gum was the choice. Each classmate got a watermelon package of gum. Ella's lasted for..um..maybe an hour!

It was so fun to see you in your environment at school Ella. Thanks for having a birthday. You are a special girl and we love you!

4 comments:

Hasslers said...

What a fun day at school for Ella! Wow, I would have loved to receive a whole package of gum when I was a child! Her hair looks so cute!

Jenny said...

No kidding - a whole package of gum sweet deal!!

Lindsey said...

I love Ella! I can not believe that she is four! So crazy!

Sheers said...

That's so sweet they did that at school for her. She looks all dressed up and so happy. And that necklace - sweeeeeeeet! :)