Monday, October 18, 2010

Calaway Park!

I am just in awe at how many wonderful things there are to do in Calgary.  That is definitely one thing I miss about being there!  Calaway Park is a must see amusement park and we go there every summer!  This is one of the hightlights for my kids.  Evey was SO into the whole scene this year.  She screamed so loud as we were approaching the place, as she could see it from her window in the van.  The girls were pumping her up too.  She wanted to experience every single ride.  She was tall enough to go on the log ride (similar to splash mountain in Disneyland).  It was the first one we went on and she absolutely loved it!  I know she would have done every single ride if she were tall enough!

Choo choo!  I love these enthusiastic riders!

For most of the day we split off into 3 groups, little kids, medium kids, and big kids.  Here are Evey and Chelsa as part of the little kids! 

 Claire and Ella were with us as well. 

Ofcourse we had to fill our empty bellies for lunch. Yumm..we had many many delicious picnic lunches!  Evey just adores her big girl cousins.  Dani and Jenna were so good to her!

The big kids were free to fly!  They didn't need any supervision..gasp!  "Are you sure" thought Carter's mom!  Carter was thrilled about this!

The medium kids had some dad's with them and Auntie Martha.  Where was Caden?  It's tricky to find that boy but just know that he was part of the group!

We enjoyed lots of rides with dad at the tail end of the day.  This mountain scrambler was one of Evey's favorites! 

See you in 2011 Calaway!!!!

2 comments:

Lyndsi said...

Wow! What a fun place! Everyone looks so happy and excited. Cute Evey, I can just hear her happy exclamations! Truly, what great Summers you share with your family. And I love Curt's face in the last picture! Ha ha! :)

Jenny said...

I love Calaway Park - so much fun!! Always a hit with the kids. Great pictures.