We were so lucky to be able to be a part of some wonderful celebrations this summer. Ethan and Bentley were able to be baptized in Bentley's stake. It was such a beautiful event. My favorite moment was when all of the grandchildren sang together. They sang "I know when I am Baptized." It was so very sweet and tender.
We sure are a big group aren't we?!
Cynthia has a summer birthday that we always enjoy together. Jenny and I made cupcakes the night before and brought them over to Chelsea's on the morning of July 20th!
Chelsea, Jenny, and I also had a blast decorating the "Hassler" sequoia at midnight the night before. It was tricky waiting for Cynthia to go to bed so we could sneak outside to do it. We almost got caught..phew! I had to laugh when Chelsea pulled out her helium tank at 1 in the morning to fill up balloons. What a prepared woman! I know she decorated a kitchen chair with these balloons for Cynthia to enjoy that morning. We put signs and helium balloons on the vehicle and had fun watching it all fly off on the way to the science center!
Here the kids are hard at work at this cool science center downtown. The majority of the time was spent in the lego area where most of the boys built cars and raced them.
The girls had fun painting!
Isn't this lego car cool? We really need to visit Legoland!In the afternoon, the sisters took Cynthia shopping for a few hours at Chinook Center. It is an amazingly huge mall that you just can't cover in that amount of time. She did find a few things though. It's so great shopping with her speediness. I love it! Later that evening we enjoyed a fun birthday night out at the Cheesecake Cafe. Some of us then went to see Eclipse. Cynthia and I laughed our heads off. It's so great to be with sistas!
Happy Birthday Stink! We think you are one FABulous sister!!!!







3 comments:
Looks like fun! Wish I was there! I love that Evey still found a way to get a little bit dirty - with the paint on her face at the Science Center (I think). AT least it wasn't as much as the beach with the sand all over. The spunk of that little girl makes me giggle! Lego looks great! Love you Melly!
Such a beautiful family - sure love you all. It was so nice to visit with your mom and dad while they were here. And Happy Birthday (late) to Cynthia! Looks like she was showered with lots of love - you're the best at that, Mel. Glad you got to celebrate with her and your family. Love ya!
That was pretty amazing that Chels had a helium tank in her house!! She is one prepared lady. I didn't even know you could buy them!! It was pretty funny to see those balloons going crazy when Mike and Cynthia were driving. That made me laugh!!
Post a Comment