Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Eve festivites

After dinner we played a traditional Hancock extended family white elephant game consisting of dollar store items. Everyone ended up pretty happy, especially Ella with her yummy cadbury cream bar. Thankfully no one stole it.
YES! It's all mine!
Evey was having fun wearing a hat lying around. She thought it was pretty funny when we put it on.
For the nativity we put the roles in a hat and had everyone draw one out. I love Jenna's passionate angel praises and hosannas! Emery was put out at first because she wasn't Mary. Ella was dying to get the part..she lucked out! Evey was baby Jesus just for a minute and our lovely donkey was played by Curtis. Everyone else was happy with their parts and exhibited some impressive acting! It's always so fun and special to bring this precious event to life. I often wonder if we were joining the angels in singing and praising God. I am very grateful for Jesus' birth and how significant it is in my life.

1 comment:

Sheers said...

HAHA - I love that picture of the nativity scene. Jenna singing praises is awesome! You all had costumes and everything - way to go!