Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hey ya let's celebrate..High School Musical style!

Emery's birthday party was so much fun! Thank goodness for an easy going girl. She was happy to let me pick the theme..a tricky thing to do when considering girls AND boys.(thanks chels for the suggestion) We invited 17 of her little friends. I know it sounds crazy but Emery loves everybody so I wanted to do this for her. As I have mentioned before, she is the count down girl and was certainly letting me know how close it was getting. Half the fun is preparing it all...invitatations, treat bags, games, food, etc. I was so lucky to have great friends to rely on to help ME out. Katie picked my kids up from school, Lyndsi took little Evey, and Annette let my boys play at her house. Thanks girls! Ella was thrilled that she was the sibling invited. Ofcourse she was the most interested. She kept reminding Emery, "ya Emmawee, I'm invited to your pawty, wight?! She was actually really good. The whole thing turned out well considering the amount of children. Well behaved guests were a welcomed treasure! Thanks everyone!

the invitesthe treat bags..a HSM cup filled with treats
her so-called "microphone" cupcakes..a hit with the kids!

Even though this picture isn't the best..it's the ONLY one I have of all 19 children! Getting a photo was a challenge for sure!

I quickly had them run into the backyard since the lighting inside wasn't the best...I think some boys are hiding in the back on purpose. I thought the pose resembled the movie a bit.
All the lovely gifts...again, thanks everyone!
Our homemade microphones..the girls were singing along with the movie ofcourse.

The party was in the basement. I moved all the furniture to the sides so we had a nice wide open space. We played musical x's, (duct tape to the carpet..don't ever do that..hard to get off), musical freeze in the dark with black lights(the absolute winner with the guests). This was all to the music of HSM 3. The party ended with 20 minutes of the movie HSM 1(thanks Lyndsi for providing it) and ofcourse inbetween all that we had cake and opened presents. Woa, I get tired just thinking about it. Curtis was eager to clean up after. I, however was eager to sit and vej!
For Emery's record, here is a list of all the party guests:
Jace Meyer, Jace Fullmer, Joey Brooks, David Loris, Grant Woodbury, Pierson Robison, Amara Belnap, Elle Melo, MaKell Fullmer, Kenadi Thornton, Hali King, Maycee Nielson, Macie Larsen, Addie Garner, Morgan Earle, Jaylee Cunningham, Brinly Stapley, Ella Hancock

11 comments:

Esplin 5 said...

Looks like soo much fun. Tons of kids too. You are very brave. Those cupcakes look really yummy!

Tonya said...

You are my hero! I love big birthday celebrations! They are a lot of work but they sure are fun! You did a great job! Emery looks like she had a blast!

Katie said...

The cupcake microphones are such a cue idea!! Elle's been talking about them ever since. Emery is such a sweet girl, we are so glad she is Elle's friend! What a great party.

Lyndsi said...

"What time is it?" Time for the most happenin' party for a most special girl! What a fun day you had, Em! Melanie, you are an AMAZING Mom to create such a great memory for her. I adore you! :)

Hasslers said...

Fun party! Way to go, Mel! Looks like everyone had a great time. The microphone cupcakes and treat bags look awesome - very creative! We love you Emmy!

Crystal said...

I am worn out just reading about it! I love how you do so much for each of your kids, you are definately an inspiration for me!

Josie said...

Pierson was SO excited to see this post! (He loves looking at friends blogs!) He had so much fun at the party, thanks again for inviting him! He loved it! He was so excited for me to see the picture of Emery with the cupcakes, he had been telling me all about them! Great job with the party! You are amazing!

Kathryn said...

I still say you're a supermom to throw such a big fun party. Thanks for including Grant. He loved it! Emery is such a cutie!

Kena said...

Wow you went all out Melanie. Very cute like always.

The King Family said...

Hali had so much fun at the party. AND, those invitations were so cute. You are so creative. Hali couldn't quit talking about the microphone cupcakes. I'm glad you showed a picture!!!

Jenny said...

Great job Mel. What a fun party!! Very creative with the microphones!! Chloe was wishing she could be there!