Sunday, January 11, 2009

Welcome 2009!

A new year! How exciting. Ofcourse we had to celebrate. The Houskeepers came over for some yummy food and good games. The hot game at our house this season is the junior version of Apples to Apples. So ofcourse the kids had to introduce that to our guests.

Nine fingers for 2009!

Jace and Ella kicking back. We're so glad he feels comfortable in our home.

We let the 3 oldest stay up. They had fun..mostly to say that they actually stayed up until midnight. We watched the New York celebration and then watched live fireworks out our bedroom window. Even though staying up this late is just once a year, I don't know if I'm up for it next year. The kids were very tired the next day. Carter was pretty good though.
The Adams family in our ward invited us to go up to their family's cabin in Brianhead for New Year's Day. This was perfect since this was one of the activities that we wanted to experience over the Christmas break...finding snow and boy did we ever. It was so beautiful. The cabin sat right along the ski hill. It was so cool to see the chair lift and skiiers. Even though we weren't fully equipped with snow gear, everyone still had fun. Thanks Jana for the extra clothing. Evey was so happy in her borrowed snow suit. She was quite delighted to touch the cold snow. The Belnaps and Fullmers were also there with their children. Thanks Jana and Jeff. We had a blast!


After sledding we had a delicious spaghetti dinner and then played games. The kids had some good laughs over cherades.

I feel bad that I don't have a picture of Carter in the snow. He was off with Tait. He had the least amount of warm clothing but had the most fun. He was glad to get inside to the warm fire. It was cute to see Ella become friends with Summer Adams. They are planning a play date for this week.

5 comments:

Nate and Erin Russell said...

um... your kids are the cutest ever!!

Jenny said...

Mmmmm... look at all those yummy snacks. Looks like you guys had a great night. I'm so glad that you guys like Apples to Apples. That is awesome. How cool that you guys got to go to that cabin. Looks like you guys had fun!

Tonya said...

So good to see your updates! You've been much too busy having fun to waste time online (like me!) You sure got some cute pics! Wish me luck...I've got to pick up where Carter left off...Shaylie's due soon for her "brace face." On one hand, we're not excited, but on the other, I am!! Love ya...see you soon!

Hasslers said...

Evey looks so darn cute in her snow suit on the sled! Love those fun family times. Looks like new years was a great party! It's sad the holidays are over!

Sheers said...

he he - your mish mash of winter stuff is awesome. I can't imagine not having that kind of gear. L-u-cky! I love seeing what everyone does for new years and all the yummy treats....mmmmm!