Sunday, January 11, 2009

Emery's 6!...What?!

I say it every birthday and I'll continue to..seriously, where does the time go? Our oldest daughter is now 6. Didn't we just barely bring her home from the hospital? Our dear sweet Emmy, the peacemaker, sharer, excited one, good friend, happy girl and affectionate one. We just love you Emery. We're more than blessed to have you in our home!!! You hold a very special place in our hearts. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he sent you to be the big sister. It's a perfect role for you. Taking care of your sisters is a wonderful quality that you possess! Way to go Emms...LOVE YOU!

Emery was on the count down for a very long time! For a good month she would ask me, "how many more days?" just about every night and morning. She had difficulties sleeping as she would come out of her bed asking me questions about her desired presents and party. She was my little alarm clock that day..."Mom, it's my birthday! Say happy birthday to ME!" Remember, I don't have to do any chores...I can do whatever I want and eat whatever I want!" Even though I am not a morning person, how could I resist...I had to smile!

Emery's birthday was well planned out. Here's what we did.

Off to a great start..before breakfast enjoying her tinfoil gifts!


We had to check out the new play center, "jumpin' jacks" , a bounce house of fun!


The kids literally wore themselves out. They actually asked to go home after 2 hours.

Emery's "Giselle" cake. She requested an Enchanted cake so this is the closest I got. This is actually an ariel doll if you couldn't tell. I had fun transforming her hair to resemble Giselle a little bit. Emery also chose apple sauce pancakes for her dinner. I love that...so yummy to have breakfast for dinner. Lyndsi brought some delicious cheese scrambled eggs that my kids raved about...really Lyndsi, you should be our family chef!
We invited the Houskeepers over for our little family party. It was cute to have Luke posing with our children. He's just one of the gang!
Seeing her long awaited pink motor scooter for the first time!
It's fun too see all 3 kids zip up the street..still makes me a little nervous.
After the party, Emery and I went to Highschool Musical 3. She loved it!
Thanks for the great day Emms and thanks everyone for the phone calls and presents!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Mel - that cake looks fantasic. Great job. Emery looks like she liked it too!! She is looking so grown up. We sure love her!

Hasslers said...

What a fab cake! Great job, smell! Emery is such a sweetheart - what a fun birthday for a six year old girl! I bet she was feeling pretty grown up to receive her pink motor scooter!

Sheers said...

I love that you guys do tinfoil presents - maybe I'll have to adopt it. That way they have something to look forward to in the morning.
Your cake is so stinkin awesome Mel - look at you go! I think it totally looks like giselle.
How fun that you have a girl to start doing girl stuff with. She looks so happy!