Carter had fun thinking of ways to fool people. He got an idea from his buddy Tait..fake an injury. He went to piano with a colored paper towel on. I think Katie played along with it..she was prepared to drive him to the hospital! Thanks Katie!
Wow Mel - you're on a roll. So many blog posts! And so fun to read. yay! What a fun joke. I need help with those kind of ideas! I'm not very good with april fools.
Hee hee! I love his face in this picture. I fooled Jeff and told him I was preggo and he just about had a heart attack. I guess that wasn't a very funny joke!
Too funny! Jenna did something similar - she wore a tensor bandage on her wrist to school, and had a whole story how she fell off her bike and sprained her wrist. Ethan told his teacher that Mike was a race car driver and flipped his car in his most recent race, and she totally beleived him until he started laughing his head off. Kids are so funny and creative!
We defintely love to brag and say we are the proud parents of the cutest 5 children ever!! We are so blessed to have the most amazing kids!
Carter Ethan
15 years old
Responsible
Caden Mitchell
14 years old
Fun
Emery Grace
12 years old
Thoughtful
Ella Shae
10 years old
Affectionate
Evey Brynn
7 years old
Peppy
Kids say the darndest things!
9.8.13
I was putting Evey to bed tonight. She said something really great in her prayers! Please bless mommy will have a big appetite! I wonder what she was exactly thinking?! Ha ha!
6.12.11
Evey told me that I was the "greatest mom ever, in the whole city!" She then started saying all the things that she liked about me. "I like your neck, and your mouth. They are so cute!" I have never had anyone compliment me on those features before!
6.7.11
Ella has heard the boys talking about being "buff". She then starts saying that girls are just as "puff" as boys. She is so cute!
5.14.11
Evey was so excited that we were going to Red Robin for Carter's birthday lunch. As we pulled up she shouted, "Yay, I LOVE the Red McDonald's!"
5.10.11
Evey informs me before her bedtime prayer, "I will pray that I won't be naughty when the sun comes up."
5.9.11
We were reading the scriptures as a family. Evey was actually listening and looks up at me and says, "mom, what means humble?"
12.12.10
Evey has some sort of bump near her tummy. Not sure what it is. Not a mole. Anyway, she was inspecting it today and told me, "mommy, I have one teeny tiny polka dot!"
12.5.10
Evey was riding Emery's 2 wheeler scooter. I noticed that she has gotten the hang of it. I was very impressed and praising her like crazy. I kept saying, "Evey, you have gotten so good at that, you are amazing", etc. She replied, "Your welcome", with a cute grin on her face! LOVE that girl!
11.11.10
I asked Emery and Ella if their room was "spic and span" clean. Ella responded, "yes, and there's not ven ONE crumb"!
11.10.10
Emery bathed Evey and Ella. I was praising her and she added in, "ya, I even put air conditiong on their hair"!
10.11.10
I was tidying up and asked Ella who an army guy toy belonged to. It had been sitting in the same spot for quite a few days. Ella answered, "I think it's the boys. I've seen it there for years!"
10.4.10
The boys were in the back of the van squished and fighting so I separated them into different seats. Emery said, "Mom, Carter and Caden are divorced!"
when carter was 5, 2005
Auntie Martha reminded us of this story. Quite a few summers ago when we were staying with the Carter's for our summer vacation, we had played the day away. Carter was so exhausted by the end when I was bathing him. I told him to wash his body. He had done most of it except his legs. I said, "Carter, please wash your legs." His tired response was, "I can't find my legs."
6.26.10
Me and the kids were on our long drive up to Canada. Caden was talking on the cell phone to Curtis who was still in St. George working. The other kids were watching "Nacho Libre". (It's a Hancock favorite!) So I was asking them if they had seen the part where "Nacho" had sung the song, "at the party". Caden thought I was talking to him and then says to Curtis on the phone, "Dad, have you sung at the party yet?" I was totally LOL!
3 comments:
Wow Mel - you're on a roll. So many blog posts! And so fun to read. yay!
What a fun joke. I need help with those kind of ideas! I'm not very good with april fools.
Hee hee! I love his face in this picture. I fooled Jeff and told him I was preggo and he just about had a heart attack. I guess that wasn't a very funny joke!
Too funny! Jenna did something similar - she wore a tensor bandage on her wrist to school, and had a whole story how she fell off her bike and sprained her wrist. Ethan told his teacher that Mike was a race car driver and flipped his car in his most recent race, and she totally beleived him until he started laughing his head off. Kids are so funny and creative!
Post a Comment