My dear sweet sister Cynthia and her cute cute children made their way down here this weekend. Her daughter and our wonderful niece, Abigail had a dance competition called "The Dixie Jam" on Saturday. We added a day of play though and pulled the kids out of school Friday to go to Jumpin Jacks. The kids wore themselves out after 2 hours..not bad. On the way home they were pretty lethargic complaining about their legs being tired. That's probably equivalent to an intense cardio workout for us..jumping, running, laughing, dancing non stop..wow! Evey was loving the music. She swayed back and forth for many songs. At one point they dimmed the lights, had a disco looking ball thing, and played the techno dance songs. Evey was thrilled and couldn't seem to dance enough. She would also switch it up by climbing into the mushroom bouncer where she would sit cross legged while singing and bouncing up and down on her bottom. I think that was the most entertaining part for me! Inbetween each song she would stop and wait for the next one. Strangers were getting a kick out of her. Who knows Abby..maybe she has a future in dancing too?! Saturday was filled with a 7 mile morning run..thanks Stink..that was fun..,3 soccer games, 2 times at the dance competition, and the kite festival. We got it all in. Abby looked so cute in her "Conga" outfit. Evey was squeeling with delight at the fake fruit on her head and kept pointing at her. Then the next morning Abby showed me her hat. One of the little green apples had a bite mark in it. Evey most likely wanted a taste but couldn't get one. Cynthia and Abby were good sports and just laughed about it. So sorry girls! Later Saturday night Abby had a big "show" number with all of the competition dancers from her studio. Different teams took a decade of time and danced in that style. Abby's group was from the 50's so she had a cute poodle skirt. I LOVED that number. VERY entertaining! The Hasslers left today after sacrament..we don't like goodbyes one bit. Thanks for coming guys..as ALWAYS..it was a BLAST! We miss you already! We're so lucky that the cousins just love each other..I wish that I took more pictures. We were just too busy I guess!
Good job Abby..you are such a STAR!
Sharing Sunday lunch
4 comments:
What a fun weekend!! Hee hee I just laughed when I read that Evey took a bite of the fruit. That place Jumpin Jacks sounds really fun - is it a place full of bouncers?? Abby looks great in her costume!!
You can't get any more Happenin' than a weekend with the Hancocks AND the Hasslers!! I'm so glad you had a great time together. Great job Abby! I can just see little Evey boppin' to the beat! So cute! :)
ha ha ha - the poor fruit! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Evey tried to take a bite - huh? This doesn't taste good!
Way to go Abby - cute costume! Wish I could have been there to see you.
I just LOVED your post! Of course, it was about our fun weekend! Thanks again, Mel, for having us - you and Curt are so wonderful at hosting and tolerating the noise and mess! The cousins sure do have fun together, and your girls were such dolls just admiring Abby! Our next run will be 13 - strap on those new runnin' shoes! Thanks for your positive attitude about the race! Love that Evey took a bite out of Abby's apple - I laugh every time I see it!
Post a Comment