This year's Pinewood Derby was a bit different from the last...if you recall, Carter's spidey car took the grand prize of 1st place! This time was the complete opposite..Carter and now Caden's cars fell quite behind. Carter was majorly disappointed since he was going into the evening with such high expectations. Caden was as happy as ever! This really was a good learning experience though..it will make the boys appreciate next year's race that much more! Curtis' designs were great. Caden's car came home labeled "awesome phoenix" and Carter's was named, "red hot". Good job boys!
Tom Lake by Ann Patchett
2 years ago
3 comments:
I love that he has a Canadian "Calgary Flames" car. Sweet! Keep the Canadian influence! :) I remember contests as a kid. You have such high hopes and it's so hard to lose. But I love the cute nicknames their cars got!
I agree with you Chels - so great that you have a "Calgary Flames" car. Both cars look really good.
That's a fun thing for boys - racing cars they have made. I am starting to learn the cub scout program with my calling, but am sure will learn the most once Ethan is in - I will need your guidance! Cute picture of the boys, and too cool that Caden is wearing Curtis' outfit!
Post a Comment