Sunday, April 26, 2009

More field trips?!

So it seems like there have been many field trips this year for Carter and Emery. Not so much for Caden though..sorry buddy! However he does have 2 coming up. I have mixed feelings about these trips. Ofcourse I LOVED them as a kid because it was a day off of school. A reason I like them now is because parents can attend and my kids always want me to come..so sweet. BUT, I'm not so sure they are ALL necessary, a time waster and perhaps a waste of money in some cases?? What do you think?! Those are my conflicting views. SO, after all that, here are some pictures that I got of my cute ones.

Carter's field trip was a walk to the river to learn about native fish from local biologists..interesting.
They were allowed to touch the desert sucker..funny mouths..their lips are big..a lot of women pay big bucks to get their lips looking like that!

Emery's field trip involved a ride to Staheli Farm to learn about animals. Here she is hangin' out with Jace.
Ella was excited that she got to tag along. Baby goats have the most hilarious bahhh..I was definitely LOL!

Sitting on the benches learning about planting and caring for seeds.
Emery was glad once she FINALLY got to ride the swings. Once she saw this contraption at the beginning of the field trip, she couldn't forget about it and kept asking when she would get to go on. FORGET about the cute animals. She was pretty ticked that she was inconveinenced with them that day!
Thanks mom and dad Hancock for watching Evey. She sure was lucky to have the one on one time with you both and I was sure glad to not have to chase her at the farm. You guys are wonderful!

8 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Your children are so beautiful! Sounds like a lot of fun filled days! I love field trips when I was in school too. I went to elementary school in California and we got to go to the Jelly Belly factory. We always came home with TONS of samples. My yearly highlight! That's neat that you get to go and have Ella tag along too.

Angie Stewart Black said...

You have the cutest kids! Looks like the field trips were a hit. What a good mom for being so supportive!

Unknown said...

I think field trips are necessary for the student and teachers sanity!!! They are cooped up all year at the school, and I feel like (if they are educational) they are better teachers than looking up the stuff in a text book. It gives the kids something to look forward too, and breaks up the monotony. Anyway, there's my 2 cents about it! You are such a good mom to go out with them! Loved the Ella story about the swings!

Lyndsi said...

What cute pictures of your little ones! It looks like they had a great time and I'm sure they loved having their wonderful Mom along. Emery's face on the swings is so cute - love that sweet girl!!

Crystal said...

Looks like the kids had fun. You are such a good sport to always go along. I am sure your kids will appreciate it forever. You are such a good mom! BTW--I miss you so much, we should go to lunch sometime.

Hasslers said...

Great pictures, Mel! I enjoyed reading about all of the field trips and what your children are busy doing! Your girls look so cute, and how fun for Ella that she got to go along. I took Claire with me on Abigail's - to the orthodontist, she was so thrilled to ride the school bus for the first time. I totally agree with you about field trips - some of them are unnecessary - Jenna is going on a walking field trip to the park to play kick ball for three hours - how is that educational? I like to go along, though and spend time with my children! So, I feel the same as you! You are so good at keeping up with your blog!

Jenny said...

Cute pictures. Looks like they are having a great time. I just laughed when I read what you said about the goat's bah!! I can just picture you laughing!! Do you guys have to pay for field trips? The parent association pays for them here. So we don't have to pay a thing. Chloe doesn't go on many - but when they do it seems very educational.

Josie said...

Cute pictures. I love the ones of the girls at the Farm.

So I thought the firestation and the farm were great field trip ideas and I think 2 a year is good. I was surprised to hear of the park field trip coming up, I'm sure the kids will have fun, but paying for the cost of the bus to take them to the park?! We can take them to the partk any day.