This was definitely the highlight of my week! Two of the contestants, Sione and Filipe, from last season's "The Biggest Loser" came to Washington to share their "Boot Camp for Life" at the community center. This is now their full time job touring different cities to motivate others..so cool! The class was 3 consecutive days for 3 hours each. Laura had invited me to go with her and I was so glad that I did. We had so much fun and learned a lot..plus got motivated to have a healthier lifestyle! I loved everything about it. Sione and Filipe are LDS and first cousins. They are so hilarious and upbeat. Exercising with them was the best. I wish they could motivate me every day! We did various strength training exercises without weights for an hour straight. Boy did it do me in. My muscles were quite sore but it felt so good. We also listened to their stories and some personal life experiences. They talked to us about nutrition and answered a lot of questions from the participants. Another thing we learned a lot about was their time at the ranch..exercising 8 hours a day..wow..you gotta admire that! There were about 70 people in our session. I really miss these guys..glad that they're helping somewhere else now!
Sione and Filipe BEFORE..I wished that I had watched the whole season now..only saw the finale..amazing!
8 comments:
How cool is that?! That is so neat that they changed their lives, and are passing on their positive motivation. I am so glad you had such a good time with Laura, what a great idea! Here's to our next running race - can't wait, speedster lady!
The Biggest Loser is one of our favorite shows around our house. Iuri and I sit in bed and eat ice cream and watch these people do incredible things. In fact, all last season I was wondering if they were LDS or not. That is so cool! It sounds like such a great time. Next time boot camp is in town, call me- I'd love to go.
Mel! I'm so glad you had such a great experience. The before and after pics of the guys are amazing. It is so inspiring to see people change their lives and become healthier and happier. I really want to watch more of The Biggest Loser now. You certainly do not need to lose anything, however. You are the biggest WINNER in my book! Love ya!
So fun...I saw that they were coming and promptly forgot again...we love that show, too! So inspiring to see people make such positive changes in their lives. I think it's awesome that you got to see them. I'll be quizzing you about all their super-star secrets. Thanks for the post!
Mel! You are one crazy girl! I can't believe you....getting up at 5:30, running races and looking perfect afterward, just a little boot camp here, oh and taking care of 5 kids!!! You are incredible!
Wow! They look amazing. I've never seen the show but I would be interested in checking it out now. That's CRAZY how different it makes them look. And totally an inspiration. I'm glad that you got to go and that you enjoyed it!
You are amazing! Looks like it was fun!!!
Wow that is really cool Mel! I'm getting motivated just reading this post to eat better and exercise more. They look so great! That is nuts that they exercise 8 hours a day.
Post a Comment