This week cousin Erin and her baby Rachael were in town visiting. We invited them and Auntie Shellie over for lunch. It was SO fun to spend time with them and get to know the baby better. She is such a sweet thing. All of my children were doting over her and wanting to carry and love her. What an amazing sport she was and for especially being the only child in her family thus far. She was even tired and ready for a nap but didn't even cry. What a cutie pie. We didn't want her to leave! Thanks for coming over guys. We'll have to hang out again!

Ella LOVES books. I thought it was so cute that later in the day she gathered up these baby care bears in her baby carrier and then lined them up beside her to read them her pile of books. When Ella has had a book read to her a few times she will remember most of the words and repeat it exactly to herself or to her toys. She also remembers the lyrics to songs easily. One day Caden was reading a book to Ella and she was reciting all the words to him before he could even read them out loud to her. Caden would then look at her in shock and Ella would just laugh and squeel with delight. He then tested it out for the entire book and sure enough, she remembered it all! It was the cutest thing!
8 comments:
I love that picture of Ella reading to all of her care bears - that's what childhood is all about! What a sweet little girl! I can just imagnine Caden's eyes popping out of his head when Ella was able to quote the book.
oh ya - fun too that Erin and Rachael could come over - holy has she grown!
That does sound so cute and I could picture Caden's face in surprise!! Fun to have company!!
Mel--I loved catching up on all your posts! You always have so much fun to share! Taylor and I both LOVED the crispy Evey pic. Too cute. Glad you are having a fun summer...so far!!! :)
(OK>..When I re-read that just now, that last sounded kind of ominous, but it's kind of a joke in our fam to say the best is yet to come. Anyway...love ya!)
Rachael is darling - I'm glad you were able to spend some time with them. I'm sure she was loving all of your kids! And Ella remembering her stories, so smart. What a great brother Caden is to look at books with her. Love them all!!
I loved how you described her "squealing" with delight. What a cutie! And a smart cookie! hehe. I love how all your kids dote on babies. It is so sweet. It'll be fun to try and see them hold feisty Berkley in the summertime. HAHA!
I love that picture of Ella, except that she looks so grown up to me! I am dreading you guys leaving us for a month already. Do you need any help while you are packing and readying your home for your big summer adventure? I'd love to help so count on me.
aww! Ella reading to her bears was the cutes thing in the world - and she's so lucky to have such an amazing memory - do you think it'll turn into a photographic memory of some sort?
Post a Comment