Sunday, January 10, 2010

Evey's Birthday celebration of 2!

Our sweet little baby is growing up and we love her more each day.  Her parents and siblings just adore and dote over her.  She is such a lovely little girl and we are so blessed to have her in our family!

These are the things we love about Evey:

She's a talker.  She talks in full sentences now and it's just so adorable to hear the words come out of her mouth.  The other day I asked her to clean up some jewelry.  I was in the kitchen and she called to me from the girls' room, "Mom, I'm making a mess!"  She loves to wake us in the morning.  She'll call from her crib, "mom, dad, emmy, watcha doing?  Wake up! I watch Max and Ruby!"

She's an entertainer.  From singing to dancing to speaking and laughing, we all just watch and applause her every move.  She is really into singing these days.  She got a play microphone for Christmas and she just loves to sing along with the songs.  The tunes she has perfected are, Twinkle Twinkle, ABC'S, Jingle Bells, Head Shoulders, O Christmas Tree.  She has 3 requests at bedtime for her mom to sing to her.  It goes in this order, "Spider" for Itsy Bitsy Spider, "Jingle Bells", and "Pa corn" for "Popcorn popping on the apricot tree".  She'll cry if this ritual doesn't happen.  It's hilarious.  She was singing Jingle Bells at 4 in the morning last week.  It's not quite as cute at that time of day.

She holds her own.  Evey is confident in herself and knows what she wants.  She has no problem voicing her opinion.  It's nice to know where she stands.  On the other hand she comes on a little strong in pulling hair and pushing.  Ahh, such a learning process!  We'll have to steer her in the right direction.

She's an animal lover.  Evey absolutely loves everyone's pets.  She'll follow dogs and cats outside any day and cry when they run away.  She adores her stuffed animals.  She laughs anytime she she's them and then will cuddle with them.  It's funny to me that she has none of this love for her baby dolls.  She'll sometimes throw them on the ground.  Hopefully, she'll change her mind soon. 

She's a happy girl.  Evey is pure delight.  She plays with her toys so happily, reads books on her own, plays well with her siblings, gets excited easily.  I love viewing the world through her eyes.  I enjoy every minute with her because I know they are so precious.  

She's loveable.  Evey has such a wonderful relationship with each family member.  She loves to spend time with each one of her siblings and she requests that she plays with them on an individual basis.  It's so sweet to me when she calls Carter to hold her, or Caden to get her some gum, or Emmy to play "pockets" (polly pockets) with her, or Ella to read her a book.  Watching her relationship grow with them is pure joy to me.  This has been one of my most favorite things about having Evey, our baby.  She is our perfect little caboose whom we just can't get enough of!


Ofcourse she didn't want her picture taken. Why would she now that she is 2?!

The 3 of us enjoyed a yummy lunch at Wendy's!



Pizza for dinner the next day- an Evey favorite!  Caden had a choir concert on the night of Evey's birthday so we spread out her celebration!







I taught her to do this when saying she's 2.  It's harder to do it on one hand.

Isn't her face funny in this picture.  I think she was very excited about her new car and didn't quite know how to show it so she came up with this expression.  Silly girl!



Our wonderful party guests!

Sporting her new boots that she got from her siblings!

Happy birthday Evey darling.  We love you forever and ever!

9 comments:

Lyndsi said...

What a CUTE little two year old you are Evey!! We sure love you too! Thanks for being Lily's best little friend! Mel - I love what you wrote about her - she is such a delight and so sweet and smart too. I still remember the day you told me you were expecting her and I was so excited that we would have babies together - and now our baby girls are TWO!! I've loved watching them grow into toddlers and surely the joy will only multiply with the coming years.

Ruth said...

Awww Evey is TOO cute what fun she had on her birthday. Her cake may be one of the cutest I've ever seen! I loved reading all about Evey--she wasn't talking much the last time I saw her!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Ok, first things first! Did you make that adorable cake? So stinkin cute! I love it. Second, she is so grown up. She is the cutest little thing and you have her always so dolled up. Third, I love that Kasen is not the only 2 year old in the world that cries as soon as the camera is out. Seriously....My favorite picture is her at Wendy's looking out of the corner of her eye. Cute. Looks like her mommy did a wonderful job making her special day fun for her. Good job mom and Happy Bday Evey. You're a cutie!

Woodwards said...

I love these great shots of Evey! Love the "2 year old crying" shot! Tee hee! That's great for you to have to show her when she's older! And I love the one of her looking side-ways at you (when you were at Wendy's). What a cutie! What a cute cup-cake cake! You are an amazing Mom - Mel! I love you!

Josie said...

The pic of her crying is so great, classic moment right there. I'm so glad she had a fun little birthday. What a cute cupcake-cake Mel! Love it. And they look so yummy too! Love the 2 fingers also, what a little cutie Evey is, love her!

Sarah Jimenez said...

Happy Birthday Evey! I still remember when you guys came visiting teaching last year on her first birthday! How the time flies. Evey is getting so grown up and just keeps getting cuter. I love her new boots! You are such a good, sweet mom!

Katie said...

Wow, I also LOVE that cute, cute cupcake flower cake!! You are so clever! And sweet Evey I cannot believe she is 2. Wow, that time has flown. What a little angel.

Hasslers said...

I cannot beleive that she is two already - what a sweetheart! She holds a special place in Mike's heart! Love the crying picture, and how she is savoring her chicken nuggets! Fabulous job on the cupcakes, Mel - so cute! Love here boots too - now she and Claire can be matchy :) Love you Evey!

Unknown said...

We love Evey so much! She lights up everyones day! I love the cake and I LOVE the picture of her crying and the cute one at wendy's with her perfect little sideway's look!