Oh how we love the snow when it makes its appearance once, maybe twice a year. This wonderful snow day happened on December 12th, a Saturday. It was so welcomed by our children. They had great fun running and playing in it's little layer. By the late afternoon it was gone. I'm glad they made the most of it!
Here we are caroling a few days later for Family night. We delivered our neighbor gifts and had fun singing in the process. One of our favorite carols to sing this time was "O Christmas Tree". Caden sang it at his Christmas choir concert.. so we featured him as the soloist for the part of the song where we didn't remember the words. It worked out great. Evey still sings the song to this day. So cute!
Thanks Tonya for taking this hilarious singing picture. Emery and Ella's enthusiasm is the best, don't ya think?!
And here is Caden singing at the Dicken's Festival. His school choir did 3 performances for the month of December. I just loved all the songs. I for sure loved Caden's choir stance on this day. His "easy going, whatever comes my way" personality is the best. We love you Cade. You have a wonderful singing voice!
Where would December be without such wonderful songs and snow! I love them both!
6 comments:
That picture of you caroling is the BEST!! I love it!
dang I just reallized I'm signed in under my Dad's ID...sorry this is Kathryn. :)
Cute post, Mel! Kathryn is right - the caroling picture is perfect. You are amazing at creating such happy memories for your family. And Caden is SO cute singing. Sure love that boy!
Um... okay Melanie, how can someone look beautiful in a toque -well let me tell you, her name is Melanie Joy! Seriously, lady - your happiness and beauty just shines in all you do! You are such a wonderful mom, and I admire all that you do. I love school choir concerts, and Caden's easy going nature - that's the best! Sure love you guys!
I love how in St. George, even when there is snow you can still wear fall jackets - just throw on a scarf and mitts - and you're good to go! :-)
How fun to go carolling with your family!! You guys look great. And I love Christmas Concerts!! Caden looks pretty good with his hat.
Post a Comment