Yipee! We were so excited to finally make it to Disneyland after 3 LONG years! We also told our children that we would be going in the early part of January but that turned into April 14th..only 3 months late, which is an eternity for children. We were lucky to make our amazing trip with our most amazing friends, the Houskeepers! We are happy that they are still friends with us after experiencing our craziness! We love you guys and had a grand time!
We left Wednesday mid morning so we could arrive in plenty of time to our beautiful hotel. We wanted to swim in the pool to test it out. The hotel ended up being pretty dumpy compared to the deceiving pictures on line. Oh well, it did the job, a place to sleep and eat breakfast. That's all we needed and after replacing our broken down fridge 4 times with moldy ones, and more broken down ones, we were good to go! Sweet Desert Palms!
Here is the long line of pictures taken on our first day in the park which was Thursday. I just can't leave very many of them out! It was probably one of my favorite days. We were energized and the park wasn't that busy.
Pirates of the Caribbean was one of our first rides of the day. We just had to take a picture because we were the first in line for the day. How cool is that!!!
The Haunted Mansion. Evey did good. She only acted a little scared. She still talks about the "ghosts".
Luke and Ella on the Winnie the Pooh ride.
I love these eyes of anticipation!
The sweet Evey and Lily getting hugs from Eeyore.
Splash Mountain is a sure favorite! Too bad it's blurry but I just had to post it. Curtis is in the back with the 4 kids in front of him. Way to be brave Ella. She almost didn't make it!
This is what Evey did while we waited! She is a busy, typical toddler. I had to keep a good grip on her!
Since Evey couldn't always go on the bigger rides, I treated her to some delicious pink cotton candy. Carter was happy to join in on the sugar fest! Curtis and the other 3 were riding Thunder Mountain.
We then headed over to Tomorrowland where we watched the Jedi training. It was pretty cool except our boys are now too cool to be a part of that. Sad :( that they're growing out of that. Luke was able to take part later though. Good job Jedi Luke!
The storm trooper just about knocked Carter over. He was not expecting that and took him by surprise! It was a great moment!
Curtis is just like a kid when it comes to this ride. He does very well on the Buzz Lightyear Blasters!
We are greatly anticipating the ever so awesome Space Mountain. Having Jace in the wheelchair sure comes with benefits. We didn't even need fastpasses or have to wait one minute in line. We just followed him right in. Thanks Jace! This is one of my favorite rides!
Luke and Caden about to blast off into space.
Our next stop was to California Adventure. Our older 3 were chomping at the bit to get over there and ride the big rollercoaster!
While they were on the rollercoaster we ran into Woody, literally! Woody didn't see Evey at first and tripped over her. Well, she was offended more than hurt and full heartedly exclaimed, "Woody kicked me!' It was great though since we got at least 5 minutes of attention from Woody to win her back. She eventually came around.
We are riding Mickey's fun wheel, the big huge ferris wheel. Evey LOVED this ride. It's kind of freaky and it scares Curtis and Carter the most. The gondolas "swing" while suspended in the air. Carter's screams of delight soon turned into screams of terror. It was pretty funny!
It's the end of the day eating McDonald's in our hotel. Do you think 40 chicken nuggets was enough dinner.
We can't wait until tomorrow. There is still so much to do and see...


9 comments:
Just seeing the photos almost makes me feel... well... kinda like homesick! I miss Disneyland! Cool to think that these pictures were taken the day after we finished in Disneyland. It would have been more fun to be with you and do some of that stuff together. Or like we said on the phone - to have the sisters run through the park together! Fun! Eden loves that Haunted Mansion ride too. Cool you got to meet Woody! I missed the Mickey Mouse ferris wheel because I was going on California Screamin by myself! Next time I'll try Mickey too! Love Buzz Lightyear too! What a fun game. Evey looks so pleased about her cotton candy. MMMMMMM. Yes. Disneyland. Truly one of the happiest places on earth! So glad you were able to go and have a great time! Love you!
Looks so fun... I was careful not to let my kids see these. When are we going to Disneyland? is already a daily question over here! :)
Can we just go back right now?!! It really was so much fun and even more magical being there with your sweet family. Seeing our kids light up and enjoy themselves so much is priceless. Thank you for sharing this with us. We loved it and we love you!!! :)
ONly 40 chicken nuggets? I could eat that many by myself....no really. Ok, your trip looks like so much fun! I love the story of Woody and Evey. So sad, but so funny. How fun that you and Lyndsi got to go together. Probably made the trip so much more fun. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.
Yay for the Disneyland post! Isn't Disneyland just seriously the best?! Love it. So glad you guys had such a fun time! How funny about Woody, I'm sure he felt terrible, but how cool that you got some extra attention from him! Did you go on the Toy Story ride? It was my new favorite on our last trip.
What a wonderful time and memory with your kiddios! The pictures make me want to be there! I am so glad you guys had fun with the Houskeepers. I love the picture of Evey looking up when she is standing by the rope - so cute! There is just no place else like Disneyland. Love how intent Curt is in the Buzz Lightyear ride - too funny! Thanks for sharing your awesome pictures!
I love Disneyland! It looks like you had a great time! I think my favorite pic is the cotton candy one. It totally made me smile!
How fun! That's neat that you got to go with Lyndsi and her family. My boys are chomping at the bit to go...two more weeks! Let me know if you have any tips for the young kids. I'm a little nervous about taking Dylan.
Post a Comment