We have been so lucky to be able to spend so much time with our cousins over the last few months! My sweet sister, Chelsea and her family were driving from Calgary to Kaysville to drop off their 2 adorable children at Cynthia and Mike's house. They were anticipating a lovely Caribbean cruise. When I found out that they would be at the Hasslers for a whole day on Saturday, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity, especially when I only get to see my sweet sister once or twice a year. Even though we just got back from Disneyland 5 days previous, I had to pack up and party again! Who needs responsibilites when you can just have fun with your familiy?! The kids and I drove up on Friday afternoon. It was fun to spend that evening with the Hasslers in doing their Friday night tradition, Papa Murphy's pizza, treat for each child from chevron, and a movie rented from Blockbuster. Thanks Hasslers again for accomodating us when you had another family coming. Chelsea and Andrew arrived in record time. It only took them 13 hours with their little ones. It takes me at least 14+. Way to set the bar Sheers! We should travel with you!
We all got together with the Carters on Saturday. We met at the same school again where we played street hockey, park games, and insect hunting.
Here are Syndey, Sam, Berkley, and Jenna watching the street hockey game.
Caden and Zachary are showing off their minnows.
Berkley and Corbin got a lot of attention from the older ones!
Here is the gang by the river searching for those insects and minnows!
Park fun with Sam and Evey!
Abby working so hard at getting Corbin to smile!
Carter is just lovin' helping the little ones!
This is what Berkley did during nap time. Jenna's markers are much more fun than sleeping!
That evening we were treated to Mike's most famous ribs done on the smoker and a delicious smoothy. I sure was in heaven. Thank you, thank you Mike and Cynthia! This was the highlight of the trip for me! We played a few games and visited before the Sheers had to leave on their midnight flight.
I love my sisters! Lori, Cynthia, Chelsea. Chelsea barely looks pregnant and is more than half way. It's just not fair!
Thanks for the good times everyone. I was thoroughly uplifted!
Oh ya, did I mention that we squeezed in a trip to Ross that day. How could we miss this store when Chelsea is around!
3 comments:
Mel, thank you for documenting my life since I have become such a lame blogger! Too funny! You are always so sweet to me - we simply love having family come visit, and what a dedicated sister you are to make the trip up here after your family vacation to see us all - thank you! You are full of positive energy and compliments - Mike feels like a world renound cheif! Love the picture of Berkley's legs - that took a few baths to get all the marker off! I love seeing all the cousins playing together and building their relationships, memories that will last forever!
Cousin time is the best! Love all of the cute moments you captured - especially little Berkley's colorful legs! So glad you had such a great time. Beautiful sisters!
That's right. How could we not go to Ross? I always find stuff there - lucky me. You were so sweet to come up and visit us - thank you thank you. I love seeing my sisters! And lots of things happened in a day - fun at the park (love that pic of Berkles with the big kids), Berkley coloring on her legs (stinker), and Mike's delicious ribs. And you are sweet - I TOTALLY look pregnant...and well, yeah....pregnant. :) Love you!
Post a Comment