I guess the Hasslers and Carters couldn't get enough of us so they came to visit us about 10 days later after having been to see them. It was both of their spring breaks and so they made a bit of a vacation out of it. Also, Sydney and Abby had a dance competition on Saturday that we loved seeing. Too bad I don't have a picture! I just love that these 2 wonderful families came to stay with us. We had a total of 6 adults, 13 children, and one dog all nestled throughout our home. I loved seeing how many pairs of shoes stacked up at all the doors. I loved hearing the pitter patter of little feet running back and forth and I loved listening to all the chitter chatter, laughter, and the "I want this and I want that" at meal times. It's so great when the cousins get together. They have such a blast and are SO sad when it all ends.
Here we are at the "crack" up by pioneer park. I just took the 2 little girls since it was Carter's science fair and a regular day for Caden and Emery. They were pretty miffed that they had to miss this day with their beloved cousins. It's really too bad that our spring breaks aren't coordinating. It's quite the squeeze to get through the lovely crack. I know it is too skinny for my frame so I was just happy to watch and laugh!
Lori, Cynthia and I at the top of the crack.
Mmmm, our yummy picnic lunch. We were lucky to have Curtis join us for his lunch break.
After our lunch we headed to Snow Canyon Park. Evey fell asleep on the way. She loved riding in "Uncle Mikey's" car. All of my kids love riding in any vehicle but their own.
The cousins just loved climbing these petrified sand dunes where they hunted and caught lizards. It's a great place for kids to climb and it was such a beautiful day!
As is tradition, a game of street hockey was held that evening. It lasted for more than an hour. Emery and Carter could play all night! Carter sure practiced lots in days previous to our visitors arriving. Spencer pumped him up and told him to practice hard. Carter would beg anyone almost every day to practice with him. Now, that's dedication!
On Friday I pulled my kids out of school to enjoy a day at Zion's! It was just gorgeous as usual. This was the first visit for both families. They loved it!
We took a hike up "weeping rock". It's so fun to get a little wet after hiking up the hill. Aren't these cousins so cute!
We then took a hike along the base of the river where the cousins had fun throwing rocks in it. Ethan got soaked after accidentally falling into deep water even though he was being dared to. Poor guy. He was a good sport about it though!
Spencer loved Zion's so much and was very interested in the Angel's Landing hike that the very next morning, bright and early he took his boys on it. How incredibly courageous! I don't know how he did it but they survived. Look at that drop off. There have been many people that have died on this hike. I was worried about them all day and I'm usually not a worrier. I can't believe that my nephews accomplished this hike. I know I would never want to do it. Too scary for Auntie Mel! Way to go Carter boys!
The girls were just happy to stay home and paint nails and watch dance numbers! Auntie Lori gave my girls some cute lime green nails. They just love this kind of activity!
Sam and Evey's cute little toes.
We had such a party with our guests that we were SO so sad to see them all leave. We just feel glum when they're gone. Thanks for the good good times cousins, Aunts, and Uncles! We can't wait for our next get together!
2 comments:
Sounds like a non stop party! Glad you guys had fun! Mel, I really admire you for the wonderful hostess you always are to your family, you do so good with a big crowd of kids. Honestly, I couldn't do it, I'd be done after a couple hours. You are so patient and sweet, what a great Mom, sister and aunt you are!
Happy Mother's Day!!!
We sure loved staying at the Hancocks - thank you so much for having us, Mel! You are so warm and welcoming, we feel blessed to have such a wonderful auntie and sister! It was sure alot of fun doing all those fun hikes together, and the cousins always have a blast! Loved all of your pictures and descriptions, takes me back to the moment. The Hasslers are always sad when we have to part ways. I am so glad we get to see eachother quite often - makes it a little easier! Love you guys!
Post a Comment