Sunday, May 16, 2010

Disneyland trip.. Part 2!

How great to wake up to another day of play!  Each morning we woke up to our yummy hotel breakfast.  The girls usually had a bowl of frootloops and the boys had doughnuts and danishes..ya, real healthy.  I would have a bowl of runny oatmeal and some good scrambled eggs.  Curtis favored the biscuits and gravy.  It energized us for our brisk walk to the park.  The walk was about 10 minutes.  Ella did well overall but I was wishing for my honking double stroller.  It takes up WAY to much room in our itty bitty van so we had to stick with the single!  By the end of our vacation, the rubber on the back wheels came right off.  I think it's time for a "sit n stand stroller".  Anyway, we had fun starting out the day in Disneyland park again.  We took some great pictures along the way.

Isn't it amazing how these beautiful flowers can be so well planted to form a Mickey face.  I just love it!

This is one of my favorite parts, walking down main street, anticipating the rides, listening to the great Disney music and having a view of the castle.  It's just so magical! 

Here are my favorite people standing in front of some even more favorite people.  Gotta love Walt and Mickey! 

We split off so the big kids could experience Indiana Jones while I took the little girls into Fantasyland.  All Ella wanted to do was ride the teacups since she didn't get to do it the day before!  It was so nice to have no lines to wait in.  We got to go a few times in a row!  Evey and Ella screamed with delight as we turned the wheel.  So fun!
  
 Dumbo!

"Monstro" the whale.  Evey kept talking about him so we had to ride the storybook canal boats so we could actually go through his mouth.  She was fully intrigued! 
Ofcourse we headed over to California Adventure.  We had to get Evey in front of her favorite ride, "Mickey's fun wheel"! 

"Grizzly river run".  We had our picnic lunch in front of this friendly grizzly.  I don't care for this one since getting wet is involved.

Yes, it's Carter's favorite...NOT!  Emery and Ella sure enjoyed it! 

 We spent a good majority of the afternoon in "Bugsland" for Evey.  I think it is so cute.  I love the big life sized straws and clovers!
  
I really wanted to see the "Celebrate" parade in Disneyland but couldn't convince the whole gang to go.  So once again I took my little girl buddies with me to see it.  Ofcourse it was fabulous and fun!  This is Ella having a moment of celebrating with "Chip"!  She was a little shy.
 We had to take a picture of Daisy since she isn't seen as much as the other characters!
 
And here's Evey who missed the whole thing due to making up missed hours of sleep.  What a sweetheart! 

We enjoyed a delicious dinner at "California Pizza Kitchen" with the Houskeepers.  Lyndsi and Darin suggested this and it was yummy!  We had a bunch of happy people everywhere because of the wonderful food and good company.  Thanks for introducing us to something new guys.  Now we wish to have one in our town, right!  Luke and Lily look so cute.  Jace was funny sneaking Lyndsi's delicious egg rolls.  She even shared one with me.  You are just so nice Lyndsi, as always! 

We headed back to Disneyland after dinner since Evey had had nap and we only had a day left.  We wanted to witness the amazing fiireworks and they were spectacular.  The kids were in awe.  Ella was a little scared since she had burned her foot last summer from a sparkler firework.  She was ducking and hiding her head.  Poor girl.  Once she realized they were high enough she was fine.  When we got home from our trip Evey kept telling everyone that she saw the "fireworks in the sky and saw Tinkerbell".  I think this experience was very memorable for her!

Curtis stayed until midnight to ride in Disneyland with Emery and Carter.  Caden was so tired and could barely walk, Ella was asleep in the single stroller and Evey needed to go back with me.  So there I was like a mother hen with Caden on my back, Evey on top of the handles of the stoller and Ella alseep.  It was quite the load.  I was glad to get back to the hotel.  I had to take a picture and get proof of how late these little ones stayed up and it was even California time, which is an hour behind our time. 
  

We still have one more day of fun!  Will we be able to get up first thing?


5 comments:

Lyndsi said...

You absolutely made the most of each day!! Your kids were troopers! Each picture is so great but I especially love the one on the Storybook Canal Boats where you and Ella are smiling so cute for the camera and Evey is still captivated by the whale's mouth - too funny! And I can see dinner again at CPK somewhere in the near future?!?! Mmmmmm! So glad you liked it! Can't wait to see what day 3 brings for the happenin', fun, amazing, delightful, loved Hancocks!

Woodwards said...

Awwww the memories! I love all the smiling faces in so many of the pictures. I love what you wrote about walking down mainstreet - I felt the exact same way! California Pizza kitchen sounds yummy. Maybe we'll try that next week when we go back. Oh right - that's just a dream - not reality! Dang it! Wish we could be there again! Thanks for sharing your photos - they are so fun to see!

Josie said...

Mel, I am cracking up picturing you carrying Caden on your back and pushing the 2 girls along! (Too bad no one could have snapped a pic of that!) You are one tough Momma! Great seeing all your fun pics, so glad it was so wonderful for you! And I agree- I love walking into the park and just walking down Main Street, I feel like a kid myself, all giddy with excitement, it's so fun!

Hasslers said...

Fun looking at all your pictures of Disneyland, such a wonderful place to go with your little ones! I loved how interested Evey was in Monstro, the whale, wonder what she was thinking? I loved your descriptions and seeing the fun you guys had, your children will always remember it! I too love main street - anticipating the day ahead, so much fun!

Sarah Jimenez said...

What a fun and happenin trip! I am jealous. I need to get my kids to Disneyland! Your kids are sure getting big. You have a beautiful family. I am glad you were all able to make such great memories!