Sunday, May 24, 2009

Carter's STREET hockey party!

Carter was so thrilled about his birthday party. Since hockey is his passion right now it was appropriate to incorporate the sport into the celebration! It was one of the easiest birthday parties I have done..I would highly recommend it!

The Calgary Flames of the NHL is his favorite hockey team so this was my attempt at throwing their "flaming C" in there!Here are the players enjoying hockey food..hotdogs, fries and rootbeer!
I love this picture. Look at the air that coach Curtis has got under his feet. He was certainly a big part of the game..we were short a few players so much to Carter's delight his dad was happy to fill in! Curtis even gave the players a little history of hockey and how it all got started..I think he's a little proud that it originated in CANADA!
Here are the tough guys! The game ended in a 3-3 tie so it was shoot the ball at Carter to see if anyone could score. I think only one player scored sort of. Carter was quite proud of himself! For the record, L to R: Tait Belnap, Kailor King, Josh Gibb, Carter H. Jaratt Earle, Brigham Gardner, Seth Dotson, Carter Riddle and Caden. Bradley Mendenhall came to the dinner portion of the party but had to leave for a baseball game. The only other 2 players that were missing were Kristian Dalley and Braden James..so a pretty good turn out! Caden was quite happy with himself as well since he scored 2 goals for his team. The other team was requesting him to move over to them but he remained loyal. He felt VERY needed..I love confident building moments..I think he felt like a million bucks!
Since Carter does NOT like cake this was an alternative..icecream sandwich hockey sticks. Easy easy! They even have peanut butter ones now!

I am so happy that Carter had a great time..mission accomplished! The boys went home with a gatorade and Mike Ikes box of candy..sugar 'em up..just what their parents wanted I'm sure! Oh ya, Carter earned some more money with a grand total of $110.00. Isn't that crazy?! I would have been dying to get that when I was 10. Thanks everyone. Curtis and I promised him that if he received $100.00 then we would make up the rest to buy him a DSi. He loves it! FUN!

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a creative cake!!! You are so good at making your kids the funnest birthday cakes! Looks like he had a fun party.

Lyndsi said...

Wow, Mel! What a flamin' fun party! I'm so glad Carter had a great time. You and Curtis are so great at giving your kids wonderful birthday memories. I'm with Kathryn - way cute cake idea too. Loved it!

Sheers said...

Love the cake Mel! Very creative! What a perfect party for boys. I love that you mention that details in the pictures - like Curtis catching air. Way to go! That's awesome that Carter knows all the details of hockey - I can just imagine him bestowing his wisdom on the other boys. Way to educate em about Canada! ;) Happy Birthday Carter!

Josie said...

What a fun party! I love the ice cream sandwich cake! (But I am a little concerned about your boy, he doesn't like cake, is there something wrong with him?!) Love the picture of Curtis in the air, that is so great! What a cool dad!

Hasslers said...

What a fun party for boys! What a creative cake, Mel - way to make Carter feel so special. Thanks for taking all the pictures, it makes me feel connected and that I know what is going on! Love the invitaions and how Curtis was such an enthusiast at his party.

Jenny said...

Wow Mel, you do such a great job on parties. Your kids must feel so special on their birthdays. It is pretty cool to see the air Curtis got!!

Esplin 5 said...

You are so creative! What a fun party. I'll have to remember that one for later.

Angie Stewart Black said...

I was wondering if you could come and do my son's bd parties! Looks like you go all out! What a cute mom you are!